Campus Cutie: Zoila Escobar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Zoila Eleticia Escobar 

Major: Fashion Studies with a minor in Business

Year: Senior

Hometown: West New York, NJ

Favorite quote: “Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”

Favorite artist/band: One Direction

HCM: What are you involved in on campus?

ZE: I’m a member of Phi Sigma Sigma, National Society of Leadership and Success, and National Honors and Leadership Society. I also write for The Odyssey Online.

HCM: Why did you come to Montclair?

ZE: It was my main interest because of the Fashion program they have here and I love the campus!

HCM: What do you love about Greek life?

ZE: The unity implemented and shared by all Greek organizations. At the end of the day, no matter which frat or sorority you belong to, you’re in unison; entire Greek community is a family.

HCM: What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

ZE: I enjoy reading and writing as well as working out.

HCM: What are your aspirations after graduation?

ZE: I want to work in the public relations sector of the fashion industry and perhaps work with a high end magazine company such as Vogue or Cosmopolitan.

HCM: What are your goals for the semester?

ZE: I want to keep track of good grades and maintain a high involvement on campus activities.

HCM: Finally, do you have any tips for ladies on campus, especially freshmen?

ZE: Enjoy and cherish every memory you make in college which includes getting involved as much as your can. Time goes by quicker than you could have ever imagined. Always be yourself and the rest will follow. 

Just your normal freshmen student at Montclair State University who studies english/ communications and has a serious love for puppies and pumpkin spice coffee.