Campus Cutie: Amanda Hauser

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Amanda Hauser 

Major: Psychology with a Teacher Certification 

Year: Senior

Age: 21

Hometown: Hawthorne, New Jersey

Zodiac Sign: Aries

Fun Facts

Favorite Food: Pasta 

Favorite Movie: The Notebook 

Favorite Song:  “Man! I Feel Like a Woman” by Shania Twain 

Favorite Artist: One Direction 

Ideal First Date: My ideal first date would be to take a day trip into the city to see the tree in Rockefeller Center and just walk around!

Guilty Pleasure: The Real Housewives of New Jersey 

Celebrity Crush: Theo James

Favorite Quote: “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”

HCM: Why did you choose to come to MSU? 

AH: I found out about it because my dad graduated from here but I fell in love with the campus when I first came to visit. 

HCM: Why did you pick teaching as a career? 

AH: I love working with children. It’s very rewarding to see them learn something that you taught them and I look forward to being able to make a difference in a child’s life. I can’t see myself doing anything else.

HCM: What’s something or someone that inspires you? 

AH: My family inspires to always follow my dreams and always stay true to who I am.

HCM: What are some goals you hope to accomplish before you graduate? 

AH: I’ll be doing student teaching my last semester and I hope to improve on my leadership skills. I would also like to work on being more confident in myself as an adult entering the work force. Graduation is coming quickly, and I want to be ready to leave with the confidence and skills I need to be successful in the future.

HCM: If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your “freshman” self? 

AH: Don’t stress over the small stuff. What you think is a big deal now, will be nothing very soon.

HCM: Any important lessons you’ve learned during your time here? 

AH: I learned to be more of a “go-with-the-flow” kind of person. You can’t be prepared for everything life will give you. College life is unpredictable, but you just need to accept that things won’t always go your way. I also learned to be more independent. College professors won’t remind you to do your homework everyday, so it’s important to be disciplined.

HCM: What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming year?

AH: GRADUATION! As scary as it is, I’m ready!

Jenn is currently a senior (Class of '16) at Montclair State University, majoring in English literature and minoring in journalism. Some of her passions include writing, music, and photography. When she's not busy with school or interning at Seventeen.com, you may find her on some sort of adventure in New York City singing at the top of her lungs at a concert. She enjoys being in the company of dogs, eating chocolate, and making new friends. You can also find her on Twitter and Instagram (@jennmx3).