Campus Celebrity: Bri Capik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Bri Capik

Hometown: Sayreville, NJ

Major: Organizational Communication

Minor: English

Birthday: September 13, 1994 (almost 21!)

Sign: Virgo

Are you involved in any activities at Montclair State University besides Her Campus?

I’ve been involved with the Montclair State Dance Company since my freshman year, and I’m currently the Vice President. I’m also a member of two honor societies, Alpha Lambda Delta and Sigma Alpha Lambda. Last year, during my sophomore year, I was a legislator for the Student Government Association and worked on their marketing team.

What made you join the Montclair State Dance Company and what is your favorite part about dancing? 

My Freshman year was very tough; It’s always been difficult for me to make friends because I’m very shy, and in high school I wasn’t very social, but finding MSDC (previously Rhythm Nation Dance Club) really helped me open up and make friends and realize that joining clubs and getting involved can only make your college experience more fun and exciting. And now I’m the Vice President of the club and have made friends that I know will last a lifetime. 

What made you choose Montclair State University?

Honestly, MSU wasn’t my first choice. I had a completely different plan for myself going into college and when that unfortunately didn’t pan out, I had to regroup and focus on the important things, like staying close to my family. I live less than an hour away, which is perfect for when I want to go visit my parents or my newborn nephew. Even though I wasn’t a fan when I first made the choice to come here, I came to love the campus community and embrace it. 

What is a question you would want to ask your future self?

I would be curious to know how I dealt with all the change that is going to happen in my life. I got accepted into the Disney College Program for Fall 2015 and I’ll be leaving my home and MSDC and my friends and my whole life for over 5 months, and when I come back, my best friends will be away doing their own programs. I would be curious to see how I’d deal with all of this. 

What would your dream job be if you could be anything in the world?

I tried to think of something outlandish and crazy but at the end of the day, my dream job would consist of being a librarian, which is my ultimate career goal, by day, and a dance teacher by night. Fingers crossed!

Just your normal freshmen student at Montclair State University who studies english/ communications and has a serious love for puppies and pumpkin spice coffee.