Campus Celebrity: Ashley Pryce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Campus Celebrity: Ashley Pryce

Name: Ashley Pryce 

Birthday: 21

Hometown: Teaneck

Year: Senior

Major: History Education

Favorite Place On Campus: Dunkin Donuts

As a student in her fourth year, known not only for her gorgeous curls and hazel eyes, Miss Pryce is known across campus for several amazing reasons. She has held nine positions during her college career at Montclair State University! Those positions include Peer Leader, Peer Advisor, Programming Assistant, Resident Assistant,Peer Success Leader, You Crew, Note Taker for the Disability Resource Center, Student Assistant for CAST (Center for Advising and Student Transitions), and she was even a Red Hawk Caller. With a doubt, she is a personal inspiration to myself and many others who know her. Ashley has definitely made her mark at Montclair. As much as we are proud to see her preparing for graduation, we will miss her presence on campus dearly. Want to learn more? Here’s the inside scoop on this week’s Campus Celebrity, Ashley Pryce.

HCM: Why did you choose Montclair as your home away from home for these last four years?

Ashley: Montclair wasn’t my first choice. In fact, I wanted to go to college far away from home. However, once I visited Montclair’s campus, I noticed its close proximity to home and to stores that I’d need. I also instantly noticed the overall beauty of the campus and its landscape. Once I realized that it had a strong education program, I really became drawn to it. Now that I’ve been here for the last three years, I’ve felt a strong connection to the faculty and professors. It’s amazing to see how professors and faculty truly have the students’ best interests at heart.

HCM: What song(s) do you currently have on repeat?

Ashley: “Bang, Bang,” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, “Anaconda” by Nicki Minaj, and “No Flex Zone” by Rae Sremmurd.

HCM: Did you see yourself where you are today, five years ago?

Ashley: No! I always thought I’d be an aerospace engineer or involved in aeronautics. My father quickly reassured me about the unrealisticness of my dreams. I barely liked math or science enough to be a part of the aerospace profession.

HCM: Who would you say is your celebrity twin in regards to personality and demeanor?

Ashley: Oprah because she gives back every chance that she gets and has gone through so much but remains strong.

HCM: If your impact on the world was left on a time capsule, what would it entail thus far?

Ashley: Helping Montclair’s students through all of the positions that I’ve held and being a positive influence on others. Also, my consistency to get involved right away, whether that meant simply helping students to register for classes.

HCM: Being that you’re such an awesome campus leader, what is one piece of advice you’d say to an incoming freshman that’d help guide them for the rest of college?

Ashley: To always go outside of your comfort zone and that you have to go through uncomfortable situations to get to a comfortable position.

To all HC Montclair collegiettes, if you’re ever at Dunkin Donuts for your morning coffee or donut, don’t hesitate to congratulate Miss Pryce on her Campus Celebrity status or simply say hello.

Sophonie whom is best known as Sophie, is a Graduating Senior at what she likes to call "the best school on this side of town," Montclair State University. In her words, MSU's slogan is not far from the truth because she belives it is definitely all here! Sophie is a Psychology major and a double minor of Creative Writing & African-American Studies. Her first love is reading and second love is creating writing. This is 4th Semester as a writer for HerCampus and she couldn't be happier to still be a part of such an amazing group of young, talented writers. One of Sophie's many future goals is to become a published author.
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!