Campus Ambassador, Psychology Major and Delta Phi Epsilon President: Amanda DePinho

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Amanda DePinho

Age: 20

Grade: Sophomore

Major: Psychology and Women, Sexuality and Gender Studies

HC: Why did you come to Montclair? What do you love about it?

AD: I came to Montclair because of the different opportunities this campus has to offer. It is far enough for me to live on campus but close enough to come home whenever I like. Montclair makes it easy to find your home away from home. The community here at Montclair has become my home and I cannot imagine my life without it.

HC: How did you get started working as a campus ambassador?

AD: I applied to be an ambassador as an easy way to get involved on campus as well as to make friends.

HC: What other organizations are you involved with on campus?

AD: I’m involved in S.L.A.M. (student life at Montclair) as a general body member, as well as a legislator for the SGA (the student government association). I also joined Delta Phi Epsilon and went out for recruitment Spring 2016. I love it so much. Recently we held elections for the upcoming year, and I was elected to serve as the president for the upcoming 2017-2018 semesters.

HC: When did you join the sorority? What inspired you to become president?

AD: I joined Greek life to become something bigger than myself, to empower and be empowered by amazing women. The reason I decided to run for president was because I was inspired by my current president to run. I was and am nervous about being president, but I know with the help of my sorority and the support from my sisters that I can do it.

HC: What are your favorite hobbies?

AD: My favorite things to do it watch Netflix as well as read books.

HC: What are your favorite shows to binge?

AD: My favorite show right now that I’m watching is Shameless, I can’t get enough.

HC: What is the best book you’ve read recently?

AD: “Milk and Honey” by Rupi Kaur

HC: What are your plans for the summer?

AD: I cannot wait for summer! Hopefully, I am going to some tropical island for a week or two, but besides that, I’ll probably spend the majority of my time working.

*All images are courtesy of Amanda DePinho*

Journalism Major at Montclair State University, Carrie Bradshaw wanna be ~ & proud supporter of messy buns and over sized sweaters.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.