This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Winter break is the perfect time to get together with friends or family and go on new adventures. My friends and I have made it a tradition to see a new Broadway show every time we’re home for Christmas. If you live close to New York City these shows would be perfect for you to make some new memories!

Wicked

If you’ve ever seen Wizard of Oz, this show is perfect for you! Wicked is the prequel of this infamous movie. My friends love this show, this is a classic one for us. We’ve seen Wicked numerous times, that’s how much we love it. It perfect for any age group and it won’t let you down!

Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera is the longest-running show on Broadway. It’s been on Broadway for 30+ years and is truly iconic. This musical is known for the iconic orchestration. Although you may not be into opera, this show is definitely worth seeing. The story is beautiful and will keep everyone’s attention.

West Side Story

West Side Story is making its revival debut December 10th. I’ve loved this show since I was a little girl. We would always watch the movie in our choir class in middle school. If you like the story of Romeo and Juliet this would be the show for you. I can’t wait to see this show this winter with my friends because I know it will be one of the best ones we’ve seen yet.

Seeing Broadway shows with family or friends is a great experience. You’ll make some incredible memories with people you love and you’ll be showered with some of the incredible talents New York as to offer. If you see any of these shows on Broadway you won’t be let down. I hope you love them as much as I do!

Celina Mazon

Montclair '21

Celina is a junior at Montclair State University obtaining a BA in Communication and Media Arts and a minor in Business. From a young age, Celina has always had a passion for fashion, beauty, and anything to do with entertainment. She hopes to find a career doing Public Relations for one of the three industries in the future. In her free time, she loves creating media projects with friends. Whether it making YouTube videos or having a photoshoot they always have a great time. She cannot wait to see what the future holds for her and is ready to take any opportunity thrown her way.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.