Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List

Reading is one of my favorite things to do, yet with my huge workload and hectic schedule during the school year, I feel like I have no time to dive into a good book. So, here is a list of some of the new and popular books I want to read this summer, along with some of my old favorites that you should check out! Whether you’re looking for something to read while soaking up the sun on the beach or sitting on a park bench, these books are sure to be a good read. 

1. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

After writing The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns, and so many other books, it’s pretty clear that John Green doesn’t disappoint.  

2. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

We’ve all seen pictures of the aesthetically pleasing pages on our Twitter and Instagram feeds, but this year I am actually going to read this poetry book!   

3. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

You’ll definitely want to read this one before seeing the movie, which is set to start production this year.

4. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

If you’re a hopeless romantic, you’ll adore this coming-of-age story about young love.

5. Flux by Orion Carltolo

Despite being a quick read, you’ll take away so much about living, learning and heartbreak from this book. The personalized illustrations also add a great touch!  

6. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

The 2017 movie was great, but the book was even better.

Photo Sources: 1, 2

Bella is a Senior at Montclair State University studying Communications and Media Arts with a minor in Business. She is currently the Senior Editor as well as contributing writer for Her Campus Montclair and is very excited to take on the role of Vice President and Co-Editor in Chief for the spring '21 semester.