This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

I’ve been dreaming about my senior year of college since I was a freshman. No longer having a clueless feeling about the way the school works and finding a life for myself on campus seemed like the dream. And after three, going on four, long years, I have finally made it. We have finally made it. We are officially the big men on campus, the top dogs, the ones that the underclassmen (hopefully) look up to on some level.

The title “Senior Year” carries power when you say it. Everyone becomes impressed that you have made it this far and gets excited while asking you questions about how it’s going so far and what you plan on doing after.

While we are all excited to be starting our senior year, the sweet is usually always met with the bitter.

In the back of our minds, we begin to feel sentimental, even when we usually aren’t. Then we start thinking about the last “firsts.” The last first day of classes. The last time we’ll be moving into our dorms. The last time we’ll have to stress about registering for classes and the last first big night out when we spend hours picking the perfect outfit and goofing off with our friends as we get ready.

Soon, we’ll be focusing on applying for jobs and how to pay our taxes and what it’s actually like in the real, adulting world.

We’ve gone to school every year since we were five and for some of us even earlier. Although there are those who will continue on to graduate school, for most of us, this is it. This is the last year. School has been a part of our entire being for so long. We are students, it’s been a part of our identity for so long and now it’s about to be taken away. We’re about to go into a world we don’t know yet, so it’s natural to be scared and start feeling sentimental about it all.

It’s very bittersweet, but now is not the time to let that worry us.

Now is the time to live our life to the fullest. We will pass our classes and graduate. We will live our senior year of school as one of the best and most memorable. We will go out with our friends and we will enjoy every minute of it.

And when it’s all over, we will look back on this time with wonderful feelings. While we may one day wish to relive these “glory days” in the future, we will give ourselves something to remember and smile about.

Souce: 1

Junior at Montclair State University who plans on majoring in English. Known for being stressed, well dressed, and boyband obsessed.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.