The Big Bang Theory Is Ending & Here’s Why It Shouldn’t

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It is with great sorrow and hesitation that I inform you that “The Big Bang Theory,” a very beloved show of mine and yours, is coming to a close in May 2019. Yes, I know, it’s absolutely heartbreaking.

For those of you have never seen the show, first of all, shame on you. Second, it is an absolute masterpiece. There is an overwhelmingly satisfying amount of comedy, conflict and resolution, relationship drama, nerdy science, and the list just goes on and on.

It’s not just a sitcom. It’s not your average television production with three-walled rooms and corny laugh tracks. It’s definitely not what you would call normal or simple. “The Big Bang Theory” brought me laughter I’d never experienced before, it gave me something to look forward to when the rest of my day had been absolutely dreadful, and it taught me the importance of education, love and friendship.

Sure, there are plenty of other shows to watch, especially with all of these new streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. The world will never stop creating shows and movies that make us feel complete, and that’s for certain. Great entertainment is just a few clicks away, yet there seems to be a hole in my happiness with the knowledge that “The Big Bang Theory” is ending.

I will forever miss the sound of obnoxious knocking accompanied by “Penny, Penny, Penny,” Amy finding ways to get Sheldon to give her more affection, Leonard being completely baffled by Sheldon’s ignorance, Raj’s inability to talk to women without being drunk, and so much more. The show brought me and my family closer together—it became a highlight of our nights and we bonded over how ridiculously funny it was.

So, I implore you, binge it while you can. I don’t want it to end, and I know so many of you feel the same exact way. Turn on your televisions, your computers, your cell phones, and whatever other devices you can watch shows on, and do yourself a huge favor: watch “The Big Bang Theory” while it’s still in its glory. Tell everyone you know to watch it, and even when it’s gone *tear* never forget the happiness it brought you.

Ariel Rogg

Montclair '22

Ariel Rogg is a sophomore at Montclair State University, majoring in Journalism and minoring in International Studies. She enjoys traveling, movies, spending time with friends and family, singing to all genres of music, and meeting new people. Ariel hopes to pursue her dream of becoming a producer, newspaper writer, television reporter, or all of the above! She is excited for this school year and to write amazing content for HerCampus readers.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.