This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Everyone has a scent, whether you’d like to admit it or not. But wearing a fragrance that makes you feel unique, attractive and confident is definitely a good feeling. Maybe you have a man in your life who consistently wears that one cologne you always love, or that one perfume your mom tells you not to touch because it’s her favorite. Having a smell that defines who you are is so important in my life and makes me feel put together. 

In the spring, I love switching up my perfume because this is the season when I’m out and about, seeing more of my girlfriends and spending more time outdoors. When that wind blows, make sure to leave others wondering what amazing scent just flew by them. From the classic spray nozzle to the sophisticated roll-on perfumes, I’ll reveal the best smelling scents for this spring season. 

Mojave Ghost, Byredo

A classic item in my small but growing perfume collection is definitely this scent made by Byredo. It’s a solid pick for a first date as it’s quite different than any perfume you’ll ever smell, making it memorable. This company makes tons of fragrances but this, I’ve never smelled anything like it- totally unique and it’s unisex! I’ll have to say, 1-2 sprays are just enough, and will last you through the night. My favorite way to apply Mojave Ghost is with a couple sprays on my hair using their hair and body mist. Purchasing hair and body mists are one of my favorite ways to buy perfume because it tends to latch onto your hair better than your skin, which means the smell will last longer. 

Notes: Ambrette, Magnolia, Sandalwood, Violet, Cedarwood, Chantilly Musk, Crisp Amber

Not a Perfume, Juliette Has a Gun 

A part of a Not A Collection, Not a Perfume has become my obsession not only for its musky scent but that the whole collection is an oxymoron. Not a Perfume, Not a Candle, Not a Body Gel, Not a Hair Mist and more, this scent works for any type of hygienic needs because of its clean scent. It’s kind of like a fresh linen scent but a little more powerful. If you love something a little more masculine, this is a great option. 

Notes: Cetalox 

Precious Pink Jasmine, Trish McEvoy

This is as feminine as it gets. Precious Pink Jasmine perfume is perfect for when you need a change. I don’t think this one is an everyday wear but it’s nice to have when you want to spice things up and show your feminine side which also makes it last forever. This perfume definitely smells lavish and expensive with heavy floral notes and a touch of musk. This luxurious scent, Precious Pink Jasmine, is definitely my go-to fragrance for special occasions. 

Notes: Pink Jasmine, Nectarine, neroli and cashmere wood. 

Child Perfume Oil, Susan Owens

Every time I wear this roll-on perfume, I get a compliment. It’s undeniably the best smelling perfume I have in my collection. Personally, I love something that smells like body soap- clean, fresh and light- which is exactly what this is. Child by Susan Owens isn’t super popular perfume and definitely has an underground following that will have others hounding you for the name of it. Every time I get asked, I almost don’t want to tell people about it! Every note is rich, subtle but present, seductive and simply perfect for a signature smell. 

Notes: White floral, powdery, tuberose, fresh, musky, citrus, woody

Ever since I started exploring different fragrances and their scents, I’ve come across a fact that I think most of you will want to know. Did you know that rubbing your wrists after spraying perfume on is actually defeating the whole point of trying to smell good? Rubbing causes friction which actually dulls out the powerful notes in our fragrances. Spraying your wrists, back of your neck and your chest and letting them simply settle into the skin is the best way to make sure your perfume is still in check. 

Everyone has their own body chemistries and perfumes don’t smell the same on all of us. Figure out what scent represents you and makes you stand out from the crowd.

Enisa Borova is a senior majoring in Communications and Media Arts at Montclair State University. She is passionate about writing, styling, and creating content for social media. In her free time, you can catch Enisa exercising, shopping and sipping on her favorite Starbucks drink. She is hoping to start a career in Public Relations and/or Marketing for a noble agency focused on beauty, fashion, and lifestyle.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.