Being Single and Happy on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a blessing for flower shops, jewelry stores, and chocolatiers. Gifts are sprinkled every which way to show your special someone just how much you care for them. When you have that special someone, it makes the whole day more enjoyable; regardless, of whether you secretly think the holiday is somewhat corny. For the single women out there, it’s a constant reminder that they are indeed, single. Don’t fret, collegiettes! Being single on Valentine’s Day can be positive thing if you let it be. This year, find something to smile about with these simple tips below.

Show Some Love

Valentine’s Day is all about love and who better to show love to than yourself? Embrace the independent, beautiful woman that you are and treat yourself this year. No significant other means you will be saving money on gifts this Valentine’s Day; therefore, buy that pair of shoes that you have been eyeing. They look better on your feet than they do sitting on the shelf in the store.

All the Single Ladies

Come to the rescue of your single BFF’s this year and host a dinner party. While you’re at it, test those Pinterest recipes that you pinned four months ago. The best part? You will be ditching the crowded restaurants and limited menu’s for a night of laughs, bonding and toasts to the many loves of your life—your friends.

Get Comfortable

Stay in this Valentine’s Day with Ryan Gosling. Change into comfy pj’s, indulge in delicious treats and cuddle up to a Ryan Gosling movie marathon. He has you covered from whatever your mood may be that night with Action, Thriller, Drama and of course, Romance. Matt Bomer, Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey are invited as well. 

Mingle With Singles

Grab a few friends and head over to a local bar. Valentine’s Day is when most bars will host a single’s night. That’s right. An entire bar filled with single people. Who knows? Maybe you will find a special someone while you’re there. 

Photo Source: 1