This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

If you’re reading this article with just a week away until Halloween, chances are you’re throwing together a last-minute costume. But just because the occasion is approaching doesn’t mean you can’t still dress to impress (Amazon Prime is there for a reason)!

Here’s a list of Halloween costumes you can easily pull off in a few days without sacrificing the aesthetic:

1. Sexy Thing 1 & 2

We’ve all heard of dressing up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 (and so on depending on how many people you’re dressing up with), but sexy Thing 1 and Thing 2? How could one turn these pom-pom headed characters into something cute? I, too, was flabbergasted by the idea when one of my best friends sent me a TikTok showing off the idea and the pieces you could buy for it.

1. Cupid

Because I’m a firm believer that every holiday should have its time to shine, I wouldn’t support dressing as something Thanksgiving or Christmas related on Halloween. But I have to make an exception for Valentine’s Day. There are so many ways to play around with dressing as Cupid, which is exactly why I love it. You can choose between a dress, skirt or pants, plus flattering colors of pink, red or white. As long as you throw on a headband with hearts or hold a bow and arrow, people will get you’re the god of love.

1. Goddess

You can either put the most effort into this or the least effort. Either way, it’ll work if you have the right staple pieces. Throw on any white or gold clothes and go crazy with accessories: gold glitter, gold eyeshadow, a gold leaf headpiece (my favorite statement piece), gold jewelry and gold heels.

1. “Total Drama Island” Characters

One of the orgs I’m in on campus suggested dressing as contestants from the Cartoon Network show, “Total Drama Island.” With 22 different characters that each have very different aesthetics, it’s the perfect idea for bigger friend groups. Plus, they all wear everyday clothing you can easily find in any store or your own closet. I’d personally love to dress as Gwen, a goth-girl with streaks in her hair and a black, blue and green aesthetic.

1. Care Bears

There are so many Care Bear colors and themes to choose from, including Bedtime Bear, Funshine Bear, Grumpy Bear, Love-a-Lot Bear, etc. Dressing as one of these bears on your own will work, but it would be most fun in a group so you could each choose a bear that best suits your personality. Like the other costumes on this list, you have a million options for how to go about dressing as this: from tutus and onesies to dresses and t-shirts. The most important part of the outfit would be to match your Care Bear’s color and to have the circle on the middle of your stomach with your Care Bear’s symbol. Extra points if you put on a pair of fuzzy ears.

Megan Lim

Montclair '23

Megan is currently a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Social Work. Not only does she aspire to be the best writer she can possibly be, but she hopes to be the best version of herself there is at all! Whether that means getting good grades, helping those around her, getting involved, working out, or letting herself binge-watch movies - she wants to do it all. Anything that has to do with self-growth, she's doing it!