Artists Who Released Albums in 2018 That Are Touring in 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

2018 might have not been my greatest year yet, but at least the soundtrack to it was good! Here’s a list of some of my favorite artists who released music last year and will be touring this year!

Kali Uchis & Jorja Smith

WHAT A DUO! Two queens teaming up for a joint tour after the 2018 release of their albums, Kali Uchis’ “Isolation” and Jorja Smith’s “Lost & Found.” These beauties are at the top of my list after seeing both of them live just last year at Camp Flog Gnaw. They are not only stunning but super talented, together I am sure they’ll give you a night to remember!

Anderson .Paak

Anderson .Paak released his album “Oxnard” November 2018 and brought us his usual groovy light-hearted feel. Check out the days in your city if you’re ready to spend a few hours forgetting about all of your worries. If you’re a fan .. *nxworries*

Blood Orange

With a successful album like “Negro Swan” and with super cool features, like Puff Daddy, A$AP Rocky and Steve Lacy, comes a great tour! Listen to the album and enjoy it if you haven’t done so yet because this is music worth hearing live.

Playboi Carti

Carti gave me a summer soundtrack when he released “Die Lit” and although he spent a lot of 2018 touring, luckily, there are some tour dates left! I was lucky enough to see him live twice and can assure you that this is a concert you should wear your old sneakers to, bring lots of water to and hope for the best at. Get ready to be pushed by obnoxious boys in mosh pits and to have way too much fun!

Travis Scott

If you weren’t a Travis fan before you probably are after 2018. “Astroworld” was probably one of the most popular albums of 2018 and had tons of merch and a huge tour along with it. Luckily, 2019 brought leg two of the “Astroworld” tour. So if you did not get to attend the first half of the tour yet get ready for an experience!

Ariana Grande

I could certainly make the same remarks about Ari that I did about Travis Scott. Ariana Grande had a huge year and has been highly praised since the release of her album “Sweetener” in 2018. Personally, I’ve never been a huge fan just because pop isn’t particularly my favorite genre of music. Although, this album is one that is filled with soft ballads and catchy beats and undoubtedly one that has to be enjoyed live!

You heard it here ladies, 2019 is the year of experiencing our favorite albums live. Get your outfits ready and collect those paychecks girls!

Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.