This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Put your hands up! Valentine’s Day for us may seem like a drag but, instead of spending the day cuddling up with Netflix by your lonesome, here are some fun alternatives for you and your friends to make this February 14th better than it’s ever been.

Girls Night Out. Whether it’s just a shopping day or a night out on the town, there’s nothing like spending quality time with your best friends. Treat yourself to little spree at Bath and Body Works and Victoria’s Secret, or go dance the night away!

Spa day. Spend the 14th loving yourself with a facial, a mani/pedi, and a nice long bath; we all need a little pampering every now and then! (I highly recommend the Freeman Feeling Beautiful face masks, available at CVS and Walmart) 

Whip up some sweet treats. We all know that the real way to a woman’s heart is through her stomach, so there’s nothing more perfect than a little baking! And while you wait for your goodies to cook, here are some great feel-good movie recommendations; Miss Congeniality, Never Been Kissed, Pitch Perfect, and Mean Girls.

I asked some fellow single ladies at Montclair what they’ll be up to this Valentine’s Day and here’s what they had to say!

“For Valentine’s day, I’m honestly feeling a mani-pedi followed by sitting in pjs with some cookies in front of a non-chick flick movie marathon.” –Cassie
“Date night with my Häagen-Dazs!” -Yadira
“On Valentine’s day my single friends and I are going to dress up and go out to dinner and then come back and have a girl’s night!” –Jen

Personally, I’ll be baking and having a Sex and the City marathon with my two best friends; hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with plenty of love and laughter!

HCXO,
Bri 
Bri Capik

Montclair

Hi, my name's Bri, I'm currently a Junior Communications Studies major and English minor at Montclair State University. I love dance, reading, crocheting, coffee, anything Disney, and of course, writing for Her Campus!