6 Tips to Help You Stay Motivated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s gotten to the point in the school year where the end of the semester is so close, yet so far. Despite the school work and many other tasks piling up, it can be so easy to lose motivation. However, here are some really easy and simple tips that can help!

1. Set Small Goals

It’s so much easier to stay motivated when we feel like we are actually accomplishing things! Try to come up with small, specific goals that will become steps to achieve your bigger goals.

2. Make Plans

Give yourself a schedule to follow or set up a consistent routine. This way, you will make sure you definitely have time to get everything done.

3. Change Your Surroundings

Find a new place to study on campus or hang up some motivational quotes in your dorm! Sometimes a new change of scenery is all we really need.    

4. Create a Study Group

Collaborate with friends and motivate each other!  

5. Set Aside Time For Yourself

No matter how stressful things get, always make sure you are taking care of yourself! When you have free time spend it doing things you enjoy, like hanging out with friends or getting off campus!  

6. Remember the End Result

At the end of the day, we are all working towards getting that degree. Make sure  to remind yourself of this, and how one day all of your hard work will surely pay off!

Photo Sources: 1, 2

Bella is a Senior at Montclair State University studying Communications and Media Arts with a minor in Business. She is currently the Senior Editor as well as contributing writer for Her Campus Montclair and is very excited to take on the role of Vice President and Co-Editor in Chief for the spring '21 semester. 
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.