This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

October is the best time of the year to binge vampire movies. Whether you want to watch something dramatic, romantic or even funny, here are five vampire movies worth watching this October.

The “Twilight” Series

Pretty much everyone can admit that they’ve watched or read this romantic vampire series at least once. “Twilight” has it all, from a love triangle to high school angst to vampires that literally sparkle, making it the perfect series to binge at your next girls’ night.

“What We Do in the Shadows”

This quirky comedy about vampires who live in a house together isn’t a typical vampire movie. It’s filmed in a mockumentary style and filled with dark humor, making it a clever and offbeat film that will definitely be worth the watch this Spooky Season. The TV show is lots of fun too.

“Interview with the Vampire”

Based on the iconic Anne Rice novel, this deep, haunting movie presents the idea that living forever as a vampire isn’t as glamorous and wonderful as you would think. The film tells a story through a vampire’s eyes about all the difficult and emotionally painful experiences that he endures during his strange, supernatural journey as a vampire. Not only is the movie visually beautiful, but it’s also very thought-provoking.

“My Babysitter’s a Vampire”

This is one of the few vampire movies that will actually be appropriate to watch with your whole family. It’s about a few teenagers who get dragged into a wild supernatural adventure. The premise puts relatable situations such as high school cliques, peer pressure and the desire to fit in into a silly, fun vampire film. The TV show is also worth the binge.

“Vampires Suck”

This goofy “Twilight” parody is a great vampire movie to watch if you’re just looking to laugh. It’s super funny and unrealistic, making it the perfect escape from reality. 

Check out all these vampire movies for a spectacular Spooky Season!

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.