5 Things to do with Your Friends on Valentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

On Valentine’s Day most individuals are split into three groups: couples feeding each other chocolate strawberries, single people loathing in self pity, and those who simply regard the day as overrated. Regardless of the group you identify with, why not take advantage of the holiday? Use February 14th as an opportunity to spoil yourselves and your loved ones. For those not planning on spending the day with a significant other, here are five ideas for spending it with your friends.

Treat yo self

Head to a nearby salon or spa for a day filled with pampering and complete relaxation. Afterall, the only thing better than getting a mani-pedi is getting one with your best friends. Like I said, use this day to spoil yourselves. Not in the mood for a nail salon? Try a spa day instead because who wouldn’t want to spend the entire day in a glorious robe. Emphasis on the word glorious.

Shopping

Why stop the pampering there? Since you don’t need to buy a gift for your significant other, treat yourself to one instead. Head to the mall with your friends and engage in some much needed retail therapy. Get that dress you’ve been online stalking for the past two months or those heels you’re not entirely sure you can walk in, but they’re really cute anyway!

Dinner party

Cheese platter, I repeat, cheese platter. What’s better than throwing a dinner party Taylor Swift and Lauren Conrad would be proud of? Grab your friends and Pinterest and head to the grocery store to stock up. I suggest a cheese platter, some appetizers, and a good bottle of wine to begin. If you’re feeling especially spontaneous, bake some wholesome cookies too! It’s a great feeling sitting around with a glass and some cookies, sharing stories and catching up with loved ones.

Day trip

Here’s another great idea: go on a day trip! Head to a new town or since we’re so close, try New York City. Enjoy the day walking around and embrace your inner tourist. The possibilities are endless for this one. If you do choose the city, don’t forget about Broadway shows, museums, landmarks, and more! Don’t forget to take pictures all the couples will be jealous of.

Movie Marathon

In need of a low key option? Stay in your pajamas, grab the popcorn, the remote, and call it a day. Binge watch all the rom-com movies on Netflix and then some. Start off with the classics like Pretty in Pink or Clueless and make your way to the era of Nicholas Sparks and small town love stories. Not in the mood for movies? Binge watch your favorite TV series. Just binge watch anything, this is your day. Treat yo self.

Public relations major, writer for Her Campus, and social stylist for the Gap. Also an avid lover of corny humor and a good cup of coffee.