5 Things to Do This Holiday Season If You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As many of you probably know, being single sucks around Christmas time. If only you had someone to cuddle up next to the fire with or kiss underneath of the mistletoe… stop right there – I’m here to let all of my single ladies know that there is no need to get yourself down if you are single this holiday season.  

1. Buy Yourself a Gift

Trying to find Christmas gifts for other people is already hard enough, but the pressure of finding the perfect gift for your significant other is even harder. If you’re single this Christmas, try buying yourself a Christmas present since we all know you deserve it!

2. Have a Christmas Movie Marathon

The best part of the holidays are the ongoing Christmas movies that play the entire month. It would be great to cuddle up next to your partner and enjoy your favorite Christmas movies but it’s just as much fun to cuddle up next to your pet, relax, and watch the movies YOU want. 

3. Spend as Much Time as You Can with Your Family

If you’re like me, your family means the world to you and you couldn’t imagine Christmas without them. I’ve watched friends who are in relationships try to plan out their Christmas in order to fit in time with their significant other, but if you are single, you can sit back and enjoy the holiday with your family.

4. Do What You Want to Do

The holidays are all about you being happy. Whether that means sleeping in, eating a ton of cookies, playing in the snow, anything that makes you happy. Now, who said being single during the holidays is a “bad thing”!?

5. Kiss Yourself Under the Mistletoe

Being single, you dread seeing cute couples kiss underneath the mistletoe. The mistletoe is an excuse to kiss the person you love, so who better to kiss under the mistletoe than yourself? Metaphorically speaking… a.k.a LOVE YOURSELF :)

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Hello everyone! My name is BreYana Williams and I currently attend Montclair State University pursuing a to receive a degree in fashion studies with a minor in journalism. I have always had a love for fashion and pop culture ever since I was little and being able to write for HerCampus is literally a dream come true. I have always had a knack for expressing myself through my clothes and writing down my feelings and now I am able to share my own personal input on fashion related topics. I am really excited to share myself with each one of you.
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.