5 Tech Savvy Gloves for this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

December? Is that you? Hard to believe the holiday season is already in full swing! The most wonderful time of the year has finally arrived, and brought the cold air along with it. Although having snow days and white Christmases are always a pleasant part of winter, there are a few downfalls to the frigid air. During 2013, one of the biggest issues us young adults face during the wintertime is trying to use our phones when we are outside. We can either wear gloves or mittens to keep our hands warm but sacrifice missing the latest update on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, or we go out with bare hands and suffer through the stages of hand hypothermia. But luckily, there is now an alternative option! There are now tech savvy gloves that mix the best of both worlds, warmth and access to technology. Here are the top five most effective tech savvy gloves for this winter season!

1. Agloves

Agloves look like your average knitted glove, but that is not the case. Agloves are knit with fine silver threads to provide electrical conductivity that allows you to use your touchscreen devices as you would if your hands were bare. The silver is woven throughout the entire glove, so you can use any finger or part of the hand on your touchscreen devices. These gloves come in different styles including sport and grip touch.

2. The Etre “Touchy” Glove

The Etre “Touchy” Glove has fabric missing from the thumb and index fingertips. This guarantees the ability to use your touchscreen devices with ease. Also, these gloves allow you to tie your shoe, or, if you are blind, read brail. These handy (no pun intended) gloves come in wool, leather, and cashmere to go with any outfit in your closet.

3. FIVEPOINT Glove

The FIVEPOINT Glove allows all ten of your fingers to be usable for your touchscreen devices. At the very tips of each finger, there is a lighter material allowing the warmth of your fingers to still interact with your technical device. These gloves keep the whole hand covered while still allowing you to use any device you would like.

4. Dot Gloves

Dot gloves are knit mittens with a small twist. These gloves allow you to use touchscreen devices by having tiny curved metal dots on the fingertips. These little metal does do NOT scratch the surface of any device. You can specify which hand you want the dots on along with the amount and placement of the dots. These are the best option of tech savvy gloves if you are on a budget because they are only 10 dollars, what a snag!

5. HR Burton Gloves

HR Burton Gloves are different from any gloves discussed so far. Instead of having openings at the fingertips or other little tricks to allow users to access their phones through the gloves, these gloves are the phone! With these gloves you have technology at your fingertips, literally. They provide music, wifi, and can be used as a phone. These gloves are perfect for a long day on the slopes. If you are a snowboarder, skier, or just highly interested in technology, these new and innovative gloves are perfect for you!