5 Sustainable Amazon Finds You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

In a world where everything is plastic, it’s hard to find everyday items that won’t end up in landfills waiting to deteriorate in a thousand years. However, there’s a place that has it all, and it’s been under our noses this whole time. Amazon has a plethora of quality products that are good for the environment and set at good prices. A win-win-win situation! Here are 5 eco-friendly products you should switch to!

Bee’s Wrap

This reusable cling wrap is a sustainable, natural food storage alternative. It comes in multiple prints and sizes. Use it to wrap half a lemon or a sandwich you’re saving for lunch.

Hair ties

Not only are these hair ties durable and perfect for thick hair, but they are also biodegradable as well!

Reusable makeup remover pads

If I had a dollar for each makeup wipe in the past year, I’d be buying out Sephora– and I’m sure you would too! Not only are makeup wipes bad for the environment as it takes years for them to decompose in landfills, but they’re really expensive as well. Opt for some reusable cotton rounds instead! Great for the planet and your wallet.

Compostable cutlery

Not only are these utensils sleek and modern–words I never thought I would use to describe a fork– they are a great plastic alternative as well. These birch wood made cutlery are disposable and biodegradable as well. This makes them perfect for large parties in addition to weekend take-out. 

Biodegradable toothbrushes

We all know toothbrushes need to be replaced every 3 months or so, however it can get really expensive as well as wasteful since most toothbrushes are made from plastic. Bamboo brushes are a great alternative to plastic as they work just as well as traditional plastic brushes, plus the ones linked come in a pack of 10 and are less than $10!

It doesn’t take much to make a difference and help our environment be safer and brighter. I hope these suggestions inspire you all to make some swaps in your everyday life!

Ana Hilario

Montclair '21

Ana graduated from Montclair State University with a degree in English. She loves reading, traveling, coffee, llamas, and the Oxford comma. Follow her on Instagram @ana_hilarious_ for good vibes and funky outfits.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.