5 Places I Want To Travel to When the World Goes Back to “Normal”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

For the last 12 months, I’ve wanted nothing more than to hop on a plane and fly far far away from New Jersey. I know that some people that live in New Jersey love a good beach day but given that I’ve lived no more than 7 minutes away from the beach all my life, that doesn’t sound exciting to me at all. The only thing that does excite me, is leaving this state for a while.

While we’re all waiting for the world to return to a state where we don’t have to worry too much about things, I will leave you all here with the top 5 places I want to travel to when the world goes back to “normal”:

1. Jamaica 

When I had graduated from High School, I had immediately started taking college classes in the summer with the EOF program. Originally, my family had planned a big trip for a bunch of us to go to Jamaica. We had been going on family vacations since my freshman year of high school and it only felt right to end the senior year with one last family vacay before my cousins (that are my age) and I started college. On top of my summer courses, my cousins also had to start soccer training at their colleges so they were also not able to go. The adults in our family made the executive decision to go to Jamaica without us. I was hurt to say the least. Jamaica is high on my list of places to go.

2. Dominican Republic

My family and I have had the privilege of taking a trip to the Dominican Republic and it was one of my favorite trips that I have gone on. I mainly liked this place because of all of the memories that I made with my family while being there. A lot of my friends are Dominican and they always share their favorite things about their home country that make me want to take a trip with them.

3. Disney World

While I know this is that far from New Jersey, it’s far enough. Disney World can be a very expensive place, this we all know. Every time I have gone to Disney, it was always just my mother, my two younger siblings (that were both under the age of six at the time), and I didn’t really have the chance to get on anything and experience Disney rides. While I did enjoy my trip with my immediate family, I would like to experience Disney with someone around my age to tag along. 

4. Europe

If you know me, you will know that most of the celebrities I follow and stan are from Europe and I have no shame in my game. I have always been intrigued by Europe so going to any part would be nice. To hear an authentic British accent, or Irish accent would be a dream.

5. New Orleans

Again, another place that’s not too far from New Jersey but New Orleans is always a place to be. There is always a festival going on down there it seems, always lively. A wish of mine is to frolic or slow walk around the French Quarter or run into Big Freeda on the streets. I need to have a New Orleans Beignet, I just need to have one. If I have one, I would be satisfied with the whole trip.

While these might not be your go-to spots, I highly suggest looking into a place you might want to go. If you find a place that you want to travel to, it could give you something to look forward to after the pandemic settles. I would be honored to travel the world and appreciate mother nature for what she is.

Imeera Cox

Montclair '22

Imeera Cox is a junior EOF scholar at Montclair State University and majors in Public Relations. Imeera is excited to write about what interest her from lifestyle tips, theatre, and social justice issues. During her free time, Imeera is usually binging her favorite TV shows or movie franchises, listening to many Musical Theatre soundtracks, or online shopping.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.