This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s that time of year again! You know, the cool crisp morning air which soon turns into mild summer heat in the afternoon. Then it gets windy and cold in the evening but right back to cool crisp air again at night. If you haven’t caught on yet, it is Fall, well at least that’s the season in New Jersey. You may be seeing many people wearing scarves and boots, but with so little cold weather to compliment these accessories. Are you confused about how to dress for Fall 2014? No worries, Her Campus Montclair has the tips and tricks to help you accessorize your fall wardrobe.

1. Scarf

The best part, and my ultimate favorite accessory of fall, has got to be cute scarves! Not only are you protecting your neck from the cold but you are jazzing up simple outfits in a matter of 3 seconds.

2. Boots

Collegiettes, make sure to keep those toes warm and those legs stylish. Tall boots are making a major comeback, so make sure to have a nice pair in black, brown, and perhaps even in grey.

3. Crossbody Bag

Divas and divos tend to carry huge fabulous bags, especially during summer. But for Fall let’s tone it down a little with trendy and small crossbody bags.

4. Jacket

What is Fall without a cute leather jacket? Need I say more, I think not!

5. Hat/Beanie

Collegiates, keep those pretty heads of yours warm with a classic hat or beanie. Which ever one floats your boat for the day is the trendy way.

There we have it. So collegiates, check your wardrobe and make sure it is fall ready. If there’s any other essentials that you simply must have in stock for this season, feel free to comment below.

Sophonie whom is best known as Sophie, is a Graduating Senior at what she likes to call "the best school on this side of town," Montclair State University. In her words, MSU's slogan is not far from the truth because she belives it is definitely all here! Sophie is a Psychology major and a double minor of Creative Writing & African-American Studies. Her first love is reading and second love is creating writing. This is 4th Semester as a writer for HerCampus and she couldn't be happier to still be a part of such an amazing group of young, talented writers. One of Sophie's many future goals is to become a published author.
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!