Style

5 Fall 2019 Trends You Need in Your Closet ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

From neons to dad shoes, the style of this year’s past “Hot Girl Summer,” has unfortunately come to an end. It’s time to cover up our hot asf legs from all those biker shorts and settle with trendy pieces that are not your typical oversized sweater and leggings. Here are five pieces that you need in your closet this Fall that’ll make your outfit stand out to be anything but basic.

Crocs

Yep! Crocs are making a comeback ladies and gentlemen! The shoes that came in every color, with the little plugin icons in their holes that almost every kid wanted are surprisingly a trend this fall season. Trying to take the beloved throne of Nike Air Force 1’s, these crocs are trying to be the next go-to shoe for when you want to put zero effort into an outfit.

Romantic

Ruffles, corsets, puffy sleeves! Who would’ve thought that the Victorian time era would make a sexy comeback in this year’s trendy season, giving you such a vintage feel!

Green

If you really can’t get over that neon green trend from this past summer, well good news: you can still carry it over for this fall and keep serving bomb ass looks! But if you’re one of those girls that are just tired of the neon thing, try other greens such as Pistachio or Olive to totally be on-trend.

Lilac

This is probably a color that would most likely suit the spring, but nevertheless you’ll see a lot of people rockin’ Lilac as one of this year’s Fall colors. Steering away from the usual Burgundy’s, Maroons and other dark colors, Lilac will sure make you and your outfit stand out from the crowd while being trendy af!

Prints

If you’re trying to think of any prints that may pair with the basics in your closet, well then look no further! Prints such as plaid, houndstooth and tweed are all patterns to keep an eye out this Fall. A great place to find some of these classic patterns is your local thrift store. Stocking up on trendy prints, and saving money? Yes, please!

Alexandra Vargas

Montclair '22

Alexandra is a Sophomore at Montclair State University who has yet to declare a major. She loves watching makeup tutorials on Youtube, spending time with her family, and saving her coins for things such as: concerts, and traveling. She hopes to one day work for one of her favorite makeup brands and possibly down the road create a beauty line of her own. If you ever want to catch her, try searching your local thrift store, where she'll usually be searching for some hidden gems.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.