5 Affordable Dresses For Formal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As the flowers bloom and the weather warms, we know what is coming: dress weather! Whether the occasion calls for a sun dress, skirt or formal dress, dress season is naturally many of our favorites. Below you’ll find 5 great, stylish and affordable dresses for your formal!

$29.90. From Windsor, we have this simple, yet elegant, contemporary mesh ivory midi dress. With a high neckline in the front, and a seemingly open back, have all the cutouts that are trending lately, with a little help from the mesh. Pair this with a bright colored heel to really make a statement. 

$32.90. From Forever 21, you can find this adorable dress. Mix the lace material, cut outs on the side and a plunging neckline, and you have a great LBD for all occasions. Since the neckline is pretty low, make sure you buy some fashion tape to keep everything in place. Even add a great simple necklace or teardrop earring to add some sparkle. 

$72.00. From Tobi,com. Now, do not be afraid of a number that large just yet! New customers at Tobi are given the wonderful opportunity to receive 50, YES 50, percent off their entire first order. What makes it even better? Free shipping on all orders as well. This dress comes in cobalt or ivory. Have the illusion of a strapless, then add these adorable “off the shoulder” sleeves to make for a stunning pair. 

$47.96, Love Culture. As a personal favorite (considering I recently purchased this and wore it to formal!) this beautiful dress really stands out. The great eyelash lace top brings the ordinary “cute” skater skirt bottom to a whole new level. The mesh lining keeps everything where it is supposed to be, and allows you to look amazing, worry free. 

$58, Tobi. Last but not least, another spectacular deal from the wonderful Tobi.com. This great mint, strappy, bodycon dress will look superb at any formal. Since the neckline is so interesting, grab a pair of earrings and clutch that make a statement. Since it is simple, yet timeless, feel free to accessorize as much or as little as you want!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I am currently a junior here at Montclair State University. I am anticipating a B.A in Theater Studies, along with currently completing my certification in Entreprenruship. I am lucky enough to have just recently join HC and cannot be any more excited about it!