4 Tips to Having Fun in your 20’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

College is the time in one’s life where they’re able to make mistakes, be carefree, and party. Whoever said that clearly didn’t have a job, extracurricular activities, and other priorities aside from schoolwork. Do you ever feel like just staying in and catching up on sleep? Do you ever wonder why there aren’t enough hours in the week to simply have fun? This is a problem a ton of young girls feel when they’re in their 20s and in school. When you have so much on your plate, you simply feel like you need to prioritize what needs to get done first, and leave the fun for that random, open spot in your schedule. Luckily, this doesn’t have to be the case! Your 20s are the prime of your life, and you should enjoy them. Here are HC Montclair’s four tips for making these years fun and memorable:

1. Do your work during the week. The worst thing one can do in their 20s is schoolwork on the weekend. How can you relax when you’re busy writing a paper? Try doing your schoolwork between Sunday night and Thursday afternoon. By doing so, you’ll have Thursday night and all of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for fun.  Managing your time is a habit that will make your life a lot easier, and a lot more fun.

2. Spend less time on social media. Have you ever heard of FOMO, or the fear of missing out? When you see others online posting photos or checking into places, you might have social anxiety and feel as though you’re missing out on the fun because you’re not there. The best way to deal with this is to spend less time online, and spend more time doing things in real life. Remember that nothing is ever as it seems, and especially on the internet.

3.  Plan GNOs with your friends. In high school, everyone had the same schedule. In college, it’s much more difficult to catch up with friends – especially if you’re a commuter. Therefore, plan a girl’s night out with your friends! Your family and boyfriend are great and all, but a fun night out with girlfriends is so important to have as well. Try planning a girls’ night out once a month, and even try saving up money once a week for the occasion. Nothing’s worse than planning something and not having enough money for it when the time comes.

4. Look up deals online. If you’re in the mood to try different activities, there are a plethora of deals on a ton of websites! Websites such as Groupon.comLivingSocial.com, and TravelZoo.com offer deals on restaurants, travel, shopping, beauty, and so much more. These websites offer reviews as well, which helps when choosing an activity. If you’re not interested in going out at night, spend the day shopping or at a spa with a deal you’ll find online.

Photo Sources: