This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As a makeup and skincare junkie, I have tried my fair share of products this year. After testing them out for a few months I’ve found some favorites. There were so many new launches and I think brands released some of their best products yet. From bronzers to face masks here’s what I’ve been loving in 2018.

Jet-Lag Mask

Not only was this a new product launch in 2018, this was also a new brand launch. Summer Fridays is a brand Co-Founded by two bloggers, Marianna Hewitt and Lauren Gores. They developed ‘Jet-Lag’ after trying hundreds of products and still lacking an ultra-moisturizing face mask. I personally use this more like a night cream because I like waking up with my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed. It really helps my face from drying out and I’ve even used it as a hand lotion and it works wonders.

Becca Sunlit Bronzer

I received this bronzer in a subscription box and after only using it a few times I loved it. It’s never patchy and gives such a nice glow. I can really build it up in the summer or use a lighter hand in the winter when I’m not as tan. I ordered a backup only a few weeks later because I was afraid it was going to be limited edition for the summer, but it is still available and I highly recommend it!

Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation

This launched in February but I discovered it towards the end of the summer and it’s been the only foundation I’ve used since. I don’t wear a full face of make-up daily but when I have a party or event this is a go to. I can apply multiple layers and it never looks cakey and has such a long wear. It is pricey but a little goes a long way and I always look at foundations as an investment because they last for so long.

Better Than Sex Mascara

I know this isn’t a new product but I finally tried this mascara in June and it’s the only one I’ve used since. I always buy the travel size because mascara dries out so fast and I feel like I waste less product this way. It’s also a good way to try out new makeup without having to commit to the full size.

Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser

This also was not launched in 2018 but I feel like this brand really took off this year. This cleanser is so gentle and doesn’t strip your skin. I feel like a lot of cleansers actually make me breakout but it has such good ingredients and is included in Sephora’s clean beauty section.

These are just a handful of products that  I love but this was a big year for the beauty industry. There are so many other amazing products that came out and they really set the bar high for 2019 so I can’t wait to see what’s in store!

Carly Kinahan

Montclair '20

Carly Kinahan is a junior at Montclair State University majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Management. She is a Contributing Writer as well as Social Media Director. She loves to travel the world and spend time with her friends and family. Instagram: carlykinahan
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.