This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: Christmas music time! Are you looking for some new songs to add to your Christmas playlist? You’ve definitely come to the right place! Here you will find the perfect tunes for every occasion and mood you will feel the season. Whether you’re decorating your tree, having a solo dance and sing along in your room, or making memories with family and friends, there is a song for you.  From amazing originals to some snazzy remakes, here is a variety of some major Christmas hits from the 90s! 

1. When you’re hanging out with your girl gang: Sleigh Ride by TLC   

2. When you want to let your lover know how much you love them: I Never Knew the Meaning of Christmas by *NSYNC  

3. When you want to blast your music loud and dance around the house: What Christmas Means to Me by Hanson 

4. When you want to hear a fun and soulful version of this classic: This Christmas by Usher  

5. When you want to hear a song with some beautiful vocals and dreamy vibes: Christmas Through Your Eyes by Gloria Estefan

6. When you’re in the mood for a cozy slow song: Let it Snow by Boyz II Men ft. Brian McKnight  

This is the ultimate slow jam for when you’re staying inside on a cold winter’s night. Boyz II Men and Brian McKnight’s harmonious, romantic vocals give you a sense of love and togetherness during the holidays. Whether you’re snuggling with your favorite cuddle buddy or sipping hot chocolate, the boys’ soulful voice will keep your mind at ease. 

7 .When you want to spice up your life: Christmas Wrapping by Spice Girls 

8. When you want to hear a love song for some lovey-dovey vibes: This Gift by 98 Degrees 

9. When you want to hear another amazing Christmas song by Mariah Carey: Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Mariah Carey  

10. When you want to hear a song that will uplift your spirits and make you smile: Joy to the World by Whitney Houston ft. Georgia Mass Choir from the movie The Preacher’s Wife

Tis’ the season of much rejoicing, love, giving, and togetherness! This decade full of iconic artists, boy bands, and girl groups will leave you with feelings of merry and brightness this holiday season with their songs. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy the holidays and have a happy, safe new year! 

Zakiya Jones

Rutgers '23

Zakiya is a senior at Rutgers University with a major in Communication specializing in Strategic Public Communication and Public Relations. She is a contributing writer for Her Campus Rutgers and is so happy to be a part of the Her Campus Rutgers team!
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.