The 10 Best Shows on Netflix to Binge Watch Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Ah yes, finals season is among us. Thankfully, that means Winter break is right around the corner. Though we barely have any time to breathe right now, nothing can be more rewarding than an entire month of “netflix and chilling” afterwards. With the insane amount of options Netflx provides, it can be hard at times to finally decide what to watch. Whether you want to devote yourself to an entire love affair with a show to last you a lifetime, or a simple and fun fling, these shows are voted to be the best to watch right now.

Master of None

The personal and professional life of Dev, a 30-year-old actor in New York.

Creators: Aziz Ansari, Alan Yang

Stars: Aziz Ansari, Noël Wells, Lena Waithe

Jane the Virgin

A young, devout Catholic woman discovers that she was accidentally artificially inseminated

Creator: Jennie Snyder Urman

Stars: Gina Rodriguez, Andrea Navedo, Yael Grobglas

Jessica Jones

A former super-hero decides to reboot her life by becoming a private investigator.

Creator: Melissa Rosenberg

Stars: Krysten Ritter, Rachael Taylor, Eka Darville 

Grace and Frankie

Finding out that their husbands are not just work partners, but have also been romantically involved for the last 20 years, two women with an already strained relationship try to cope with the circumstances together.

Creators: Marta Kauffman, Howard J. Morris

Stars: Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen 

Person of Interest

An ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. However, the details of the crimes–including the civilians’ roles–are left a mystery.

Creator: Jonathan Nolan

Stars: Jim Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman

Rita

Following the life of a very outspoken and rebellious woman, Rita is a school teacher who is competent in the classroom, but seems to need a teacher of her own, when it comes to her personal life.

Creator: Christian Torpe

Stars: Mille Dinesen, Lise Baastrup, Nikolaj Groth

Bloodline

A family of adult siblings find that their past secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep of a brother returns home.

Creators: Glenn Kessler, Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman

Stars: Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini

United States of Tara

A woman struggles to find a balance between her dissociative identity disorder and raising a dysfunctional family.

Creator: Diablo Cody

Stars: Toni Collette, John Corbett, Rosemarie DeWitt

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

A woman is rescued from a doomsday cult and starts her life over again in New York City.

Creators: Robert Carlock, Tina Fey

Stars: Ellie Kemper, Jane Krakowski, Tituss Burgess

Freaks and Geeks

After her grandmother’s death, a high school mathlete starts hanging out with a group of burnouts while her younger brother navigates his freshman year.

Creator: Paul Feig

Stars: Linda Cardellini, John Francis Daley, James Franco

I am currently a junior here at Montclair State University. I am anticipating a B.A in Theater Studies, along with currently completing my certification in Entreprenruship. I am lucky enough to have just recently join HC and cannot be any more excited about it!