This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Beer. Inebriation. Music. Pizza. Always a recipe for a good time in Missoula.

A selection of more than 30 beers kept hundreds of Missoulians warm Friday night at the third annual Winter BrewFest. The event at Caras Park was a huge success, with about a thousand people showing up to sample the beers, wines, and enjoy the live music. Beers were provided from breweries around Montana as well as from places such as Oregon and California.

Energetic music by the Kevin Van Dort Band and Three Eared Dog, both Montana based provided the soundtrack for the evening. Hot food was provided by Mackenzie River Pizza and El Cazador.

Despite the chilly winter evening, Missoulians kept warm thanks to their beers and the large heaters scattered throughout the massive tent.

BrewFest-ers paid $10 for a seven ounce souvenir tasting glass and two drink tokens. Extra tokens were $1 each.

Catch the next Missoula Brewfest, also at Caras Park, on May 4th!

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)