This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Name: Morgan Lawrence
Major: English
Hometown: Hamilton, MT
Age: 19
Year in school: Freshman

What do you want to do with your degree?

I’m not sure exactly what I want to do with my degree. But I know that I want to inspire people to love literature the way I do and to love life in general. So maybe a teacher. 

Who is your favorite writer?
Oooh. Well I love F. Scott Fitzgerald because he writes so lyrically it’s practically music. But I’m also a big fan of the complicated artwork of James Joyce and the beauty of T.S. Eliot’s poetry. too much?

What’s something about Missoula you love?
I love autumn in Missoula, especially around campus. It’s not too cold or hot and we’re just surrounded by a season of vibrant colors. 

Are you into winter sports?
I am absolutely into winter sports. I LOVE to snowboard and anytime I can I make the trip up to Lost Trail Powder Mountain. 

Do you live on campus? If so, how do you feel about it?
I do live on campus. I think the experience is what you make of it. I like that it’s just a five minute walk to my classes, especially in 2 degree weather and that I can walk to the gym.

What has been the most difficult part of your freshman year so far?
Adjusting to the homework load was pretty intense. But once you get the hang of it, it’s easy as pie. 

What are some fun hobbies?
I love to rock climb, tango dance and lately I’ve been really fascinated by the process of knitting (and no, I don’t have any symptoms of early aging).

Give us a random, interesting fact about yourself.

I sang in Carnegie Hall once. 

Do you have any exciting summer plans for 2011?

Lots of exciting plans! I’m taking a month-long trip to Turkey to visit my brother and then making my way over to Italy to work on an organic farm and eat yummy food for a month or so. I’m hoping to do a bit of climbing in Europe too.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

I see myself as a happy individual in some beautiful, currently unnamed place hopefullly helping as many people as I can. Maybe the Peace Corps! Who knows? :)

Campus Correspondant- My Campus Montana, colettemaddock@hercampus.com Colette Maddock is a senior at the University of Montana (class of 2011). She is a print Journalism major and a Women's Studies minor from Whitefish, Montana. This summer she interned at Skiing Magazine. She is passionate about winter sports, and loves skiing and figure skating. In her spare time she reads tons of books, tries to cook, and spends time with her friends.