Benjamin Taylor Rehbein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Benjamin Taylor Rehbein
Age: 20
Major: Creative Writing
Hometown: Portland, OR

Favorite place to study:
I love quiet coffeeshops, like Zootown Brew. If you get there at the right time you can snag a big cushy couch or chair and they make awesome americanos. That, or I like to set my living/dining/kitchen area up with everything I could ever need to be productive. Pot of coffee, snacks, a table all to myself and loud, pulsing dance music. I do my best writing to dance music haha.

What I love about the UM:
I love the creative writing and english departments. Professors like Dr. Ashby Kinch and Robert Stubblefield get me stoked to be a part of this school. Also, I love the mountains.

Interests:
I’m trying hard to think of one cool thing but uniqueness is escaping me. Um, I play three instruments. I’m an amateur bike mechanic, and love building bicycles. I hunt and flyfish. I’m a little bit claustrophobic, especially in large crowds. I’m good at blowing smoke rings. I’m physically incapable of somersaulting or doing a cartwheel.

In a girl:
I’m shopping for someone who’s motivated and driven but still loves to get down and have a good time. Picky eaters apply elsewhere. I like cute, cheesy smiles and girls who laugh out loud. I’m 6’7″, so if you’re tall its a major bonus, but I’m not too choosy when it comes to body shapes and sizes.

What I learned from my first heartbreak:
People do not always say what they mean or mean what they say.

Plans for the future:
Well, I graduate pretty soon, which is exciting. I have plans to head to culinary school after I obtain my fine arts degree, where I’ll get my french certificate and then go to work as a chef for a while. The ultimate dream is to own and operate my own farm and restaurant, a completely sustainable dining experience, farm to table, the way it should be. I want everything we serve to be handmade and done in house, right down to the beer and alcohol. How cool would that be?