Why You Should Love V-day Even Without a SO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

I have never had a boyfriend but that does not stop me from loving valentine’s day. I don’t know why, but I just love it so much. I think it is the cutest holiday, a day full of love and happiness and letting anyone in your life, romantically or not, know how much you love and care about them.

Valentine’s Day is not just a holiday for couples and budding romances, but a day for everyone! It is just a happy time to make cute little cupcakes or brownies with heart sprinkles or write out fun valentines to give to your friends like we all did in third grade again.

And even if you don’t have a SO, who can forget who Galantine’s Day! A day for gal pals everywhere. Grab your besties, put on some bops, and have a little party to celebrate you, your girls and friendships. Back home, my friends and I would always have a little get together for Valentine’s Day, even my friends with boyfriends! At school, we do a little hang out party as well, with Target bought cookies and take-out food. It is one of my favorite traditions and a day we all look forward to in the middle of a hectic semester.

As far as the romantic side of Valentine’s Day goes, I cannot speak too much on that as I have never had a V-Day date, but you can make it high or low key as you want! No one said you have to go out and spend money. A little movie night with some popcorns sounds like a perfect Valentines date to me.

But even without a SO, there are so many ways to love and celebrate Valentines Day in your own special way!

Sarah Elizabeth

Monmouth '21

Sarah is currently a senior history/political science secondary education major with a minor in sociology. Her biggest dream in life is to be a middle or high school history teacher or to open up her own coffee shop. She loves dogs, strawberries, hiking and green tea.