This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

After almost 25 years, Friends is still the best show on television.

Friends made its debut on September 22, 1994 and ever since then, television changed forever. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t either watch it or direct quote from it. I always remembered my mom watching it as I was growing up and then eventually, my sister and me. I am always so grateful that it has set the standard for amazing television and has given my family something to bond over. So, here are 5 reasons why Friends is the greatest show of all time:

1.  Theme Song

This song never gets old; it is super catchy, and it’s karaoke gold! It gets you super excited for each episode and you, of course, have to sing along (and clap).

2. The One-Liners/Quotes

Chandler Bing can never fail at giving us some of the best one-liners such as Career Before Men, Leaf Blower, and Ten pounds (only real fans will understand). The jokes and other one liners might have been even better… some of my favorites are “PIVOT,” “UNAGI,” “Could I be wearing anymore clothes,” “Oh. My. God,” “She’s my lobster,” and, of course, “Smelly Cat.”

3. ‘How you doin?’

The common phrase “How you doin?” was born thanks to Joey Tribbiani. This was always his go-to line when trying to pick up a girl, and if the girl wasn’t into him, his response was “Phew.” I’m sure more than a few male fans have tried this once or twice.

4. Apartment Goals

Ever since this show aired, every viewer dreamed of the day they would be able to have an apartment like Monica’s where your best friends lived across the hall and you did life together every single day. Although very unrealistic, some people definitely copied Monica’s famous purple door.

5. Everyone Has a Type

I don’t care what you say, if you have watched the show then you have identified with one of the characters at least one. You are either Monica the smart cynical one, Rachel the spoiled pretty one, Phoebe the sweet soulful one, Ross the emotional romantic divorced one, Joey the handsome macho funny one, or Chandler the sarcastic humorous one that marries his best friend’s sister.

If you have not watched Friends yet, it’s a MUST. It truly is one of the greatest shows that have ever been aired on television. Nothing beats their taboo topics, jokes, quotes, bravery, and lessons learned. My dream is for a Friends reunion, but, I guess we will have to just wait and see.

Victoria DeFilippo is a senior at Monmouth University where she is majoring in Public Relations and Journalism and minoring in Marketing. She is a New Yorker that loves shopping, really good food, and traveling the world!