This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

In general, I love weather. I love the air, sunshine, rain, snow, or really any type. But fall has my favorite weather, especially in October, arguably the best month of fall.

It is chilly enough to break out your fall sweaters and jean jackets, but not yet cold enough for a whole winter coat. You can still sit outside and be comfortable, all the hot drinks are back, and overall change is coming and you can feel it.

I know I sound basic but the leaves changing, pumpkin picking, and apple picking are things I wait all year round for. Who doesn’t like jumping into a pile of leaves? Oh, and Halloween is by far one of the best holidays.

Besides summer, I feel like fall is the season you can do the most in and be comfortable. The weather is not sweltering hot either. Plus, fall leads into a bunch of fun holidays after, so why wouldn’t you love it?

I love the chilly mornings, followed by the nice afternoons back into the chilly evenings again. All of my favorite memories “fall” around the fall time. I always thought when I was little that the beginning of the year started in fall. School was starting and everything was changing. January did not exist in my eyes.

I have thought that autumn is the best season since I was five years old. Nothing is changing the way I feel about this time of year.

Sarah Elizabeth

Monmouth '21

Sarah is currently a senior history/political science secondary education major with a minor in sociology. Her biggest dream in life is to be a middle or high school history teacher or to open up her own coffee shop. She loves dogs, strawberries, hiking and green tea.