This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

The end is near, my friends. This Friday, March 5th, marks the ninth and final episode of the Disney+ original series WandaVision

For the last few months, this show is all anyone has been talking about – it’s the first MCU content we’ve gotten since the summer of 2019, and it has become the biggest hit of the year thus far. As someone who has a “healthy” obsession with Marvel, this has exceeded my expectations. 

Now, with the finale airing this week, I feel bittersweet; this was something I looked forward to every week, waking up early to watch it before I start my day and constantly coming up with theories. The sitcom world mixed with reality was incredible, and the horror vibes felt in the last two episodes have made me so excited for the future of the MCU.

So, what can we expect from episode nine of WandaVision? Well, let’s check it out!

1. A Luke Skywalker Moment

Rumor has it that WandaVision has a special surprise cameo lined up that receives the same treatment as another Disney+ original series. *Spoiler alert* Mark Hamill showed up in the season two finale of The Mandalorian as Luke Skywalker, and not one fan knew about it. It was shocking, epic, and overall a perfect revelation. This has been teased by the star of the show and Wanda Maximoff herself, Elizabeth Olsen. Well, we’ve definitely been stunned quite a few times already with this show, but is there still someone else showing up? If so, who could it be?

2. The Multiverse

Since the show acts as a lead-in to the highly anticipated Doctor Strange sequel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, fans can expect a crazy ending. With the addition of, *spoiler alert*, Evan Peters in the show, the idea of a Multiverse has already been discussed. Peters played Peter Maximoff, aka Quicksilver, in the X-Men movies; in WandaVision, he showed up as Pietro Maximoff, Wanda’s deceased twin brother and the MCU’s own Quicksilver. However, we do know now that Agnes (really Agatha Harkness), brought him to Westview and was controlling him the entire time. That doesn’t mean anything though because what I am still stuck on is: Why Evan Peters? There are plenty of actors out there, why pick the one guy that played Quicksilver in the X-Men franchise? There has to be a link, and I still believe that he could be playing Peter Maximoff, thus introducing the Multiverse.

3. The Introduction to White Vision

During the eighth episode, Director Tyler Hayward showed his true colors. He initially said that Wanda broke into S.W.O.R.D., stole Vision’s body, and resurrected him in her made-up reality. However, everything becomes clear in this episode – Wanda visits Vision’s body, but leaves without it. So, how did Vision come back to life? Well, as the strongest and most powerful being in all of the MCU, Wanda uses her power to create her own Vision. Absolutely wild, but I love her. Heading back to S.W.O.R.D. in a post-credits scene, it turns out Hayward has reassembled Vision. He has been trying to turn him into a weapon, which is successfully does by using a drone with Wanda’s powers to start up the White Vision. Oh boy, this isn’t good AT ALL. Folks, we are in for an exciting, yet heartbreaking battle on Friday. Have your tissues ready.

4. Paul Bettany Being a Troll

Since the premiere of WandaVision, Vision himself, Paul Bettany, has hinted at a mysterious and exciting cameo in the show. Last month, Bettany told Esquire, “There is one character that has not been revealed. And it is very exciting. It is an actor I’ve longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and I think the chemistry between us is extraordinary and fireworks on set.” Interesting… That definitely caught my attention. However, WandaVision director Matt Shakman spoke out about Paul’s statement with Huffington Post, saying “I’m gonna let Paul Bettany answer that question. He dug himself this hole. He can get out of it.” Doesn’t that sound lovely? NOT! I would love to keep my hopes up, but ultimately, I think Bettany trolled us. The character and beloved actor he speaks so highly of could just be himself as White Vision. I feel like a clown, an absolute clown. We’ve been tricked, and Paul Bettany has broken my trust. The only cameo I will accept and can think of is Erik Lehnsherr, aka Magneto, but that’s a long shot. So, don’t get your hopes up!

Episode 9 of WandaVision airs Friday, March 5th, only on Disney+.

Allison is 21 years old and currently a senior at Monmouth University. She is an English major and hopes to enter a career in digital content writing or social media marketing. She loves all things pop culture - tv shows, movies, music, beauty, and more!