This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

It’s 2021 and we finally are making our way around the sun with the pandemic, not that it’s a happy accomplishment. Last year, Valentine’s Day was still “normal” at least in the sense of not worrying about restaurant capacity, social distancing, or whether you can actually go see your lovey-dovey. I know that not all couples live together, so here is a list for both those who can celebrate at home and those who need to make this one a virtual love fest

1. At Home Date Night- Delivery/Takeout

Support local restaurants and order food to have at home if you still don’t feel comfy eating out. I would recommend seeing if the restaurant itself already has a delivery feature before going to UberEats or DoorDash. It does help the restaurant more to order right from them. Pop a bottle of wine or sparkling grape juice and pretend your home is a 5-star restaurant 

2. Making a four-course meal

Veggies, apps, dinner, and dessert ;) Find a recipe online or break out that old Julia Child cookbook collecting dust in a cupboard and mix and match your favorite courses with your bae. It is the perfect way to add a little spice, literally, into your day.

3. Rom-Com Movie drinking game (irl or over Teleparty on the Google Chrome browser)

You can find a bunch of these on reddit or online articles like this general Thought Catalogue article. They are full of the classic rom com moments that every one of those movies have so get ready to open that wine or your drink of choice, you are in for a fun night.

4. Board game night (real board games or online…. Uno on steam, https://tabletopia.com/ )

Use Discord Zoom, or Facetime. If you’re history buffs or like a more complicated game, try out the hot seat or online features for Civ 6. We love an old school game night and you can play virtually with friends and significant others far away as well. There is such a variety online you can play or break out the old Monopoly board for a fun game night.

Skylar Daley

Monmouth '20

Hi guys! I'm the Co-CC for the Monmouth chapter. I'm an English major at Monmouth University and I'm totally obsessed with Stephen King and gothic lit.