This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

Honestly, getting through this part of the year is all dependent on following a set daily routine. I work in the mornings, go to the gym, talk or game with my boyfriend, and then settle down with a warm drink, a book or crossword, and get ready for sleep. There really is not much to look forward to from February to April until the weather gets warmer and I don’t absolutely hate being outside. Since my room is between the attic and garage, I am perpetually freezing cold. That’s where the “warm drink” of my routine comes in when the sun is set and the 15-degree weather is seeping through my windows. Over the years, I’ve built up a nice collection of tea flavors that help combat the freezing temperatures.

For sake of this article’s layout, I’ll let you know these are all from the Celestial Seasonings brand. They’re all readily available at most grocery stores and places where commercial tea boxes are sold.

5. Lemon Zinger

This tea is tangy and blends together lemon and hibiscus for a citrusy sip. This was my go-to tea when I got really sick my sophomore year of college and completely lost my voice for a week. It’s perfect for livening the spirits and making me dream of opening my windows during the summer.

4. Cinnamon Apple Spice

Nothing says late night bonfires on a cool October night than this cup. One sip sends me back to my favorite season of the year where coffee is constantly brewing, the sweaters are broken out, and apple picking is in its peak season. Add a little honey and that make this tea taste like a freshly baked apple pie.

3. Country Peach Passion

For some reason I was very obsessed with this flavor at the beginning of quarantine. I would make it a nightly ritual to boil the kettle and sit down to do a puzzle. It reminds me a lot of that time when we all didn’t know what would be going on in the world. Yet being in quarantine with my two roommates was so fun. When I drink this now I think of college memories.

2. Raspberry Zinger

Raspberry has to be one of my favorite fruits (next to banana, though, sorry raspberry). This was one of the first teas I drank and didn’t feel like it was missing something. I don’t need to add any sweetener or honey, though I’m sure it would make this tea that much better.

1. Sangria Zinger

If you couldn’t tell by now, I really like the Zinger blends from Celestial. Sangria is my go-to when I’m stuck selecting from a few different flavors. I could drink this every day and now be bored with it. The tea blends together pineapple, blood orange, and misc. citrus flavors that brings me back to summer lounging even if it’s snowing out.

Skylar Daley

Monmouth '20

Hi guys! I'm the Co-CC for the Monmouth chapter. I'm an English major at Monmouth University and I'm totally obsessed with Stephen King and gothic lit.