Amtrak San Diego beach?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Amtrak San Diego beach?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My March Mantra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

I go to school near the beach and currently living a block over from my favorite place in the world, the Jersey Shore. I’m from North Jersey where we have everything but the beach and since I’m graduting soon I made a pack to myself. Go to the beach every day in March, and so far I have done it beside last weekend when I went home. Luckily I have the best housemate who FaceTimed me to show me it, but I have found myself being a lot less stress when I am watching the waves. For the past couple of days the ocean has been so calm, and it has been so nice out that I have been going more than once a day. I’ll take a walk by myself after my student teaching, and then go with my housemates, and normally go again alone or with some other friends. It has been the best part of my day and taking a little time for me in this hectic semester of student teaching. 

I grew up going to the beach every summer and it is my family’s and I favorite place to go. We ended up buying a beach condo down the shore where my parents go down every other weekend, even during the winter and off season (which I think is the best). So going to school by the beach was a no brainer and living so close my last year, I needed to make the most of it. Maybe I will even stick to this in April, because it has really been so nice. I have been so stressed lately that the beach seems to sweep it all away for me. 

That is my March plan, and probably April too, as I get ready to graduate and will miss this. I won’t even talk about graduation, but the beach has always been there when times get tough and it is still my favorite place to go to clear my head and just relax.

Sarah Elizabeth

Monmouth '21

Sarah is currently a senior history/political science secondary education major with a minor in sociology. Her biggest dream in life is to be a middle or high school history teacher or to open up her own coffee shop. She loves dogs, strawberries, hiking and green tea.