This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I am reminded of the burning question the notorious holiday holds over half of American’s heads: What will I be doing and with whom?

Not only is this holiday known for causing pressure, but the fuel is added to the fire when you throw a worldwide pandemic in the mix. For my case, I’m going to be alone. Not because I am single, but because of covid restrictions. This is my boyfriend and I’s first V-Day as a couple, and we are so bummed that we won’t be able to spend it with one another due to Covid regulations, and just the plain old fact that we are about 300 miles away from each other.

So? What will I be doing? That’s the question that’s been burning inside me during these days creeping up to that forbidden Sunday. The answer to that will be discussed with you: the reader.

Here are 5 Covid-Friendly ideas on what to do for Valentine’s Day (or as I renamed it: Pandemic-tine’s Day)

1. Movie night (socially distanced or alone does just fine).

2. Bake your favorite dessert, whether it is chocolate chip cookies or a cake.

3. Facetime your bestie

4. Read your favorite novel (preferably a sappy romance one)

5. Try a new makeup look

So, all in all, the best way to get through this holiday is to keep an open mind and positive attitude. Remember, you’re not alone!