This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

Normally Thanksgiving and the holiday season is a big time for giving. Food drives, toy drives, donations, volunteering are just some of the ways that people give back. With COVID, it might be harder to give back because of the pandemic. Here are just a couple of ways that you can still give back.

Turkey Run

My church every year does a turkey run where we collect Thanksgiving food such as turkey and bring it to local churches in need. They are still doing it safely this year but check your local religious centers or towns to see if they are doing something similar.

Check your food pantry to see if they are taking donations

This is probably the safest way to give back this year. You can easily go to Shop Rite or your local food store and pick up some non-perishables to drop off at your local food pantry. Remember your mask!

Volunteer

Places still need volunteers and with your mask and gloves, it can also be a way of giving back. Shelters, food pantries, and food kitchens all need help this year even with the pandemic.

Donations

Another safe way to give back is donating. Shop Rite gift cards, donating money to shelters, or giving people/places in need nearly anything really is another great way to give back!

Sarah Elizabeth

Monmouth '21

Sarah is currently a senior history/political science secondary education major with a minor in sociology. Her biggest dream in life is to be a middle or high school history teacher or to open up her own coffee shop. She loves dogs, strawberries, hiking and green tea.