This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

Although this year is an abnormal autumn season, there are still a few things that are remaining the same. One of those things is how much the change in weather can change our skin. The change in weather during this time of year causes dry skin that begs for moisture and hydration. As the weather gets colder, our skin clings to less and less moisture. This leads to dry, flaky, and even dehydrated skin.

I have pretty normal skin, but when fall rolls around, my skin becomes dry and feels tight. However, I found a few products that have become my favorite to use at this time of the year.

After I remove my makeup, I begin with a good cleanser. I absolutely love the CeraVe hydrating cleanser, it doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry or parched after using it. I pair this cleanser with a woven facial buff to exfoliate my skin and be sure to really work the product in. Some prefer to use an exfoliator along with their cleanser, but I feel as if the facial buff gets the job done and works for my skin.

Next, I use two different moisturizers. In the morning I use Eucerin facial lotion with SPF 30. It’s important to use a daytime moisturizer with SPF in it to help prevent premature aging and wrinkles. At nighttime, I love to use The Ordinary’s “Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA”. It’s a thicker lotion, which I tend to not prefer, but it’s great to keep skin moisturized throughout the night. Not only are these lotions great at keeping skin moisturized all the time, but they are also extremely affordable.

Finally, some nights I like to finish my routine by doing a hydrating sheet mask or by using eye masks to help decrease puffiness. My eyes tend to get puffy when I first wake up, so I love popping eye masks in the fridge for 20 minutes before using them, so they have a cooling effect!

Sometimes it’s hard to remember to follow and utilize a skin care routine, but the simpler it is, the more likely you are to use it! Overall, this routine takes me 15 minutes at most and I usually multitask if I can. It’s important to take care of your skin, especially when the weather changes and the air gets dryer.

Madison Mastromarino is a 20 year old student at Monmouth University from Wildwood, New Jersey. Madison is currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with a minor in Social Work. Her educational background includes an Associate's Degree in Psychology from Atlantic Cape Community College. Madison enjoys attending concerts and has aspirations to travel the world.