Style

Fall Fashion for the Working College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you question everyday how you can attend classes ready for work without being too office chic that it makes you uncomfortable as your surrounded by your classmates who are half asleep in sweats and a hoodie. Luckily, these dilemmas are a little easier to resolve as the weather gets colder and we enter into Fall.

1. Faux Fur Pocketed Parker Vest, Ralph Lauren Cotton Poplin Shirt, 7 For All Mankind Ankle Skinny Jeans in Femme, Jessica Simpson Rallee Bootie

Nothing like a faux fur vest to chic-up any outfit. You can go from school to work to drinks with the girls with this look.

1. Forte Cashmere Sweater, Nicole Miller New York Soho High-Rise Roll-Cuff Jeans, Keds Champion Original, Blanket Tartan Scarf

On casual Friday, a good go-to would be a neutral colored sweater with dark skinny jeans and classic slip-on sneakers. The oversized scarf not only adds style, but some warmth as you snuggle up in your chair either during a lecture or at the office.

1. Urban Outfitters Blank Cardigan, Fever Split Back Plaid Sleeveless Shirt, J Brand Maria High Rise Skinny Jeans in Seriously Black, Express Faux Suede Lennox Loafer Flat

Cozy up in your office chair in this comfy cardigan with jeans. Just make sure there’s a cute blouse underneath in case it gets a little warm, other than that, never estimate the power of a cardigan.

1. BCBGeneration Open Front Blazer, Gap Favorite Cami, 7 For All Mankind Ali Cropped Jeans, Charlotte Olympia Linen Mules

This unstructured blazer with raw hem light wash denim is the perfect combination of work-chic and casual Friday that I didn’t know existed. I mean, could you ever go wrong with a blazer?

1. Forever 21 Coat, White House Black Market V-Neck Woven Cami, Lucky Brand Bridgette High Waist Skinny Jeans, Maiden Lane Double Buckle Perforated Leather Bootie, Everlane The Day Market Tote

All an outfit really needs is just one statement piece and this Forever 21 find is the perfect statement piece for your school-comfy and work-chic Winter wardrobe.

6. Anthropologie Spokane Top, Everlane The High-Rise Skinny Jean, Louise Et Cie Jordyna Pump

Forget the idea that only hairdressers can wear all black outfits to work, because you can too. This peplum top brings a little bit of personality to an emotionless look, and the black pumps help to dress up the black skinny jeans.

A student at Monmouth University majoring in Communications with a focus in Journalism and Public Relations with a minor in Marketing. If I'm not in class or working, you can find me shopping, at the beach or practicing yoga and meditation. I love writing and can't wait to share my work with you! Follow me on instagram @itsnikkiscorner and twitter @nicolenotar to get a closer look!