This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

“To me, reading through old letters and journals is like treasure hunting. Somewhere in those faded, handwritten lines, there is a story that has been packed away in a dusty old box for years.”

— Sara Sheridan

July 23rd, 2011

Hey. I know I never write in this small book but I feel like maybe it can help me relax. It’s night, around midnight. The new day. If you’re wondering how my summer has been, it’s been a great improvement since last year. I can name a few reasons why! I’ve been living my life. I’m able to do whatever I want. Sometimes when I’m alone I’ll have these flashbacks and I’ll instantly feel sadness and scared feelings come over me. I try to remember to shake those feelings off. I’m always told that I can remember once in a while but not to dwell on it. I had my Make-a-Wish trip recently. That was great! I’m so thankful and touched that people are so generous in life. God has healed me. I am so very grateful for that.

Love always, Gabby Maletto <3

I don't know about you but I'm feelin' 22. "ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ, ᴡᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪɢɢᴇꜱᴛ ꜰᴀɪʟᴜʀᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴛ, ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ." -ᴍᴇʀᴇᴅɪᴛʜ ɢʀᴇʏ