5 Reasons To Be Excited it’s Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

Who cares that it’s still 75 degrees out? Your infatuation with summer ended as soon as your tan began to fade. Here’s a few reasons why it’s time to take out your scarves and prepare yourself for the glorious things exclusive to Fall.

Pumpkin Spice Everything

The flavoring that started its humble life as just a latte soon evolved to an empire. A latest discovery was pumpkin spice vodka. Alcoholic pumpkin pie; what a time to be alive!  Come September, apple picking is apparently every girl’s favorite hobby. (Even though we all know you’re really just there for the cool Facebook profile picture.) Use those apples to whip up an apple pie, an apple cake, or whatever apple dessert your heart desires.

The Clothing

Sweater. Leggings. Boots. Repeat. This formulaic uniform makes getting dressed every morning so easy. This cozy combination is infinitely comfier than the high waisted shorts and crop tops you’ve been used to.  

Outdoor Activities

Come September, apple picking is apparently every girl’s favorite hobby. (Even though we all know you’re really just there for the cool Facebook profile picture.) Use those apples to whip up an apple pie, an apple cake, or whatever apple dessert your heart desires.

Halloween

Arguably the best holiday of the year. “Halloweekend” gives girls the opportunity to rekindle their love for all things dress up and make believe. Kittens, bunnies, mice, oh my!

Football

School spirit is at an all time high under those stadium lights. As long as your face is painted in school colors and you’re wearing all your school apparel, whether or not you can actually understand the game is irrelevant.  

Your 10 year old self will probably hate you for saying this, but you’re super over summer. So grab your pumpkin spice latte and get ready for the best season of all; Fall!

Images Courtesy of:

Sara Sikora

Monmouth '19

Sara is a senior at Monmouth University, with a major in communications and a minor in psychology. She is also the social media director for Monmouth's Her Campus chapter! Sara can be found drinking copious amounts of coffee, at the beach or at a yoga class.