This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

1. Applesauce

My mom makes homemade applesauce and it might be the best thing that has ever been made. Apples are simmered and then run through a strainer type device that smooths out the apples. With a little cinnamon, I wish my mom made this all year round.

2. Mashed potatoes 

My brother wants to become a chef and recently bought a ricer that has changed the mashed potato game forever. Mashed potatoes have never been better with this method and with some added garlic, it is perfection.

3. Stuffing

My dad makes cornbread stuffing that I think is the best thing to hit this planet. Even though I don’t like stuffing, he makes the cornbread two days before, so it starts to get stale and then adds in everything else. And it tastes better than how we used to do with gluten free bread.

4. Charcuterie Board

With all the craze of these boards, I am trying my hand at one this year. Went to trader joe to buy all the fixings like on Tik Tok and even bought a wooden cutting board with my sister to make it extra fancy.

5. Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Because of the pandemic we aren’t seeing any other family and my dad loves Charlie Brown ,so he had the idea of doing Charlie Brown Thanksgiving at 12 before we eat at 6. Pretzel sticks, toast, popcorn and jelly beans are on the menu and I think this is going to be a new family tradition.

Sarah Elizabeth

Monmouth '21

Sarah is currently a senior history/political science secondary education major with a minor in sociology. Her biggest dream in life is to be a middle or high school history teacher or to open up her own coffee shop. She loves dogs, strawberries, hiking and green tea.