What Does 2017 Have In Store For Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

We all experienced 2016 together, and all witnessed how truly terrible it was. There was one of the worst presidential elections ever, the Great Barrier Reef died, and Kylie Jenner was absolutely correct when she said it was the year of realizing things. 

Wow, was she right. Everyone definitley realized some things, like how sucky 2016 was!  But what does 2017 have in store? Say no more collegiettes, Her Campus Molloy is here to tell your fortune for 2017 based on your zodiac sign!

1. Aries

The effects of 2016 aren’t going to just end at the start of 2017. If you haven’t realized certain things by now, you’re gunna learn fast because your time to realize may not be over. Just remember things aren’t always your way or the high way and you need to learn how to make compromises. Things are going to get in your way, but you can get through them. Towards the middle of the 2017, you are going to experience a transition from negative thoughts to positive ones. That is, if you’re willing to put in the work (which you usually are). Just remember that although the beginning of 2017 wasn’t the best, the end is going to get much, much better. If you can successfully work on things you need to work on, the end of 2017 is going to be a breeze. Things are going to really fall into place for you, maybe a little too easily (you do like challenges). Just take the good luck as it comes, but don’t take it for granted!

2. Taurus

The beginning of 2017 is going to be pretty good for you Taurus! 2016 has definiitely left, and you’re going to be in a real giving mood. Many people are going to react your positive energy! Expect many people to cry on your shoulder and be prepared to give some advice!  Expect some success towards the middle of the year! All your hard work is going to pay off. The end of 2017 is going to be really confusing, feelings-wise for you. One day you might feel really negative, and the other day you’ll feel positive. Either way you’ll figure it out, you might bring things to a dark place, but you will learn and grow.

3. Gemini

2017 is going to hit you in the face right from the beginning. Taking things back and trying to do things over isn’t going to work now, it is too late. Let bygones be bygones, and be direct. The middle of the year is going to be really social for you and you might meet a lot of new people. You’ve always been good at small talk, so this won’t bother you. The end of 2017 doesn’t look so great for you however. You’re really going to be questioning yourself a lot and wonder if you’ve been making the right decisions. You may start lying and manipulating if you let these thoughts and feelings get to you. Take people’s advice when the offer it. You’re going to need it.

4. Cancer

The beginning of 2017 is going to be a time for you regroup and rethink. Whether you are going through a rough time or not you’re most likely going to retreat within yourself. The middle of the year is going to be much better for you. It’s going to be highly emotional, but your personality and positive traits are going to shine. Family ties may strengthen for you, be sure to pay attention to that. As for the end of 2017, you’re going to experience a shift in thinking. You’re going to be doing lots of thinking, about yourself, other people, and life in general. It’s gunna be some deep stuff.

5. Leo

Nothing major is going to happen at first in 2017. There will be positive energies in your life and this will affect any major relationships in your life. Make sure not to make any major mistakes. They will affect you long term. Towards the middle of the year is when you will shine, but be sure your ego doesn’t get in the way. You’re going to make some real progress if you can manage to cocncentrate and work on areas you might struggle with. Remember, everyone has weaknesses, even you. Towards the end of 2017 you are going to be filled with energy and positive spirits. Anything you do, you’re going to give your all! Nothing can stand in your way now, the world is yours!

6. Virgo

The beginning of the new year is going to be slow for you. You may have to put your resolutions on hold because your obligations from 2016 are not yet finished. Be sure not to bite off more than you can chew for now and take things slow. As for the middle for the year, it’s going to compeletly change. It’s going to be chaotic, busy, and be a real unstable time. Not fun at all, but it’s important to hang on and believe in yourself! There’s no answer as to why bad things happen, but look for some distractions in the meantime, and things will get back on track soon. The end of the year is going to be much easier for you and you’ll feel a lot more comfortable in your own skin. Be sure to pay attention to your health and focus on planning ahead during this time.

7. Libra

The beginning of the year is going to be a real compassionate start for you. You’re going to be softer than usual, and people may try to take advantage of that. Know the difference between doing favors for people, and letting them walk all over you. The middle of the year isn’t going to be the easiest for you. Hastily-made decisions regarding love and money could affect you’re overall being so be sure to take it slow during this time. If the timing isn’t right, maybe what you’re chasing just isn’t meant to be. The end of the year is going to be a time for you to be able to reflect on yourself and your life. What goals do you want to achieve, who do you want to be, what do you want that you don’t have? This will be a good time to plan ahead and think about it.

8. Scorpio

The beginning of 2017 is going to be quite unbalanced for you. Part of you is going to want to speed ahead at full speed and the other is going to want to slam on the brakes. This inner confliction in you does not create a good environment for you and may be very special. Towards the middle of the year, your intuition takes over, which allows you to relax and take things slow. You’re also going to be very generous, and help a lot of other with their problems. You happen to be very good at this, just be sure not to get too entangled in others’ problems. You also have your own despite this being an easy time for you. The last part of 2017 is when your emotions are going to heighten. Feelings of jealousy may come out, but just let your emotional strength guide you through. 

9. Sagittarius

The beginning of the year is a time of renewal for you. This is your chance to have a do over, and change your mind and/or views about things. The middle of the year is a time in which you will have a burst of energy. Since you get bored easily, this is a good time to be getting things done. Don’t try to use any excuses for not getting things done though, because you have the tools necessary to get things done. The end of the year will focus more on relationships and travel. You want to feel a bond with the people around you, something real. Your desire to travel is strong, it may not be possible at the moment, but it’s definitley a dream of yours.

10. Capricorn

The beinning of 2017 is going ot be difficult for you. Despite wanting to take on your new years resolutions right away, something will be holding you back. This is going to lead to a lot of frustration for you and it would be best to just sit back and be patient. Towards the middle of the year you have more of an idea of what you’re doing and what direction you’re going in. You don’t exactly know how you’ll get there, but you know you’ll find a way. It’s kind of like the experience you didn’t ask for, but you’re happy it happened. Towards the end of the year is your time to shine. Your responsibility, practicality, and self-disclipline will shine. Every problem that you face, you take it on with laser precise focus and if you can apply that focus to your personal life, nothing will stop you.

11. Aquarius

The beginning of the year will shift into a more progressive way of thinking. It’s a time to see that possibilties are everywhere, and this can be could be a good oppurtunity for you to help others. The middle of the year can be intelectually stimulating for you. Any ideas you have are good ones and you should let them come to fruition. Don’t stop at just thinking them, make them real. Go big or go home Aquarius. Towards the end of the year, the status quo of things is going to be a little disrupted. Things are going to be a little backwards, but it can be a good time for you to think about things, and rethink if possible.

12. Pisces

The start of 2017 is going to be nothing very different for you. You’re a very dreamy person and it is a time to let yourself dream as much as you want, like usual. Let your sensitive side guide you into the middle of the year. You’re going to be more intuitive and sensual than you usually are, and feel much more comfortable in your own skin. This is a good time to let your creative side out. Spending a lot of alone time or time with close friends can be really good for you, as well as finding a creative outlet. The end of 2017 will be a confusing time for you. Dreams and reality will blend together and you need to find a good middle ground between your dreams and reality. It’s going to be hard for you to make final decisions, you may not make any at all.

Travis is 19 in his fourth semester of college! He is considered a Junior at Molloy and majors in Accounting! When he discovered(?) Her Campus at his school he immediately joined and became a writer and the Instragram coordinator. Now he is proud to be a Campus Correspondent!