Top 5 Christmas Presents When You’re Not Sure What He or She Likes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

“It’s the moooooost, wonderful tiiiiiiiiiime of the yeaaaaarrr” yep its Christmas time again folks, and that means it’s time to get out those wallets, checkbooks, or old presents you don’t want and start getting them under your tree. But, one question….what do you do when don’t know what to get someone, but you really want to get that person a gift? Well fear not! I have the answer, well sort of, when you don’t know what to get someone for Christmas there are always options that could suit everybody’s taste in Christmas presents even if you don’t know what they are (but just in case, put the receipt in the box when you give it to them). With that being said here are 5 good Christmas presents to give someone when you’re not sure what he or she like.

5. Clothes: Clothes are usually a pretty good present for anyone when you’re not sure what they like. Yes, it’d be helpful to know sizes and all that but if you don’t have that info available something generic would be suitable too, like a pair of slippers for grandma, a few new fitted caps for dad, or a nightgown for mom, but if you’re feeling brave and want to buy them something more along the lines of a hoodie, nice shirt, pants, dress etc. then it never hurts to ask a friend or relative of theirs or just take a guess (just make sure you give them the receipt along with the gift).

4. Gift Cards: If you’re really stumped on what to get someone and honestly have no idea what specifically to get them but happen to know which store they would like, a gift card is a great way to go. If you can’t pick something out just give them the chance to pick it out themselves better safe than sorry in this case. You put an amount on the card (they may have to pay the difference) they buy what they want and everyone’s happy.

3. Speakers: Everyone loves to listen to music, especially if they’re just relaxing outside or in their room. Speakers are a great gift for those who love to listen to music and just relax by themselves or with others. Some can be a little expensive so waiting for a sale or buying an older model would be good if you’re running low on money. But speakers can be a little tricky. Because you’re going to want something good but not overly expensive, so be sure to do your research.

2. Jewelry: Bracelets, rings, necklaces, diamonds a girl’s best friend. One thing everyone would love (especially women) is jewelry whether it is a small gold ring or a diamond necklace. No one can stay refuse jewelry,  but just don’t go overboard if you’re looking for something casual for a friend, a 24k ring for a friend is a bit much for a friend. If you’re looking for something for a spouse or longtime girlfriend then it’s ok for you to break the bank, but if it’s just for a friend maybe a necklace or a or a watch would be a good choice.

1. Money: Last, but most certainly not least money, the gift that keeps on giving, if you honestly don’t know what to get the person, or what they like, or if you’re uncertain which stores they like to shop in or their hobbies etc. then the best way to go is to just give them money and allow them to spend it on whatever they wish, or save it for a rainy day. This way no one has to get upset if they don’t receive what they want, no one has to save their receipt until boxing day and run to the store to return anything, and no one has to spend hours in the store and worry if what they got for the other person was a good choice. Personally out of all the other choices, money will always be one of the best gifts to give.