This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

For many makeup lovers, the holidays call for beautifully themed looks served all season, but for some makeup lovers (with crazy excessive talent), this season calls for an overload of creativity and color. The looks created by these select few are extremely artistic and require a lot of patience and talent. Some people may think these looks are crazy, but I personally believe these types of looks are super creative and interesting. Most of these looks are created for artistic purposes and are not intended to be worn to church on Christmas day, but we can probably all appreciate these looks as art. These looks definitely require some sort of artistic ability that not everyone is graced with. Here’s a look at my top 5 favorite Christmas face masterpices.

5. Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer 

Who needs winged-eyeliner when you got antlered-eyeliner? Yes, everyone’s favorite reindeer can now live on your eye for a full day (with a good setting spray.) The colors used in this look are so beautiful and so untraditionally Christmas. I just wish I could serve this look this season without being looked at like I have five heads. I know, winged eyeliner can be an art that is super hard to perfect, but, I mean, imagine doing this all the time! Crazy hard!

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Is it a Halloween movie? Is it a Christmas movie? Rest assured, it’s both! This look is great for Halloween, the boring period between Halloween and Christmas, and Christmas itself (if you’re brave and bold enough.) This lip will have you singing “This is Halloween” and “What’s This?” over and over again until the summertime.

3. Let it Go! 

THIS LOOK HAS ME SHOOK!!!!!! If the cold never bothered you anyway, then this is the perfect look for you! The blending. The tiny details. The icy lashed and eyebrows. The ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. How in the world is someone so talented and so patient to do this? How is the white liner so perfect and not streaky? How is Elsa drawn so much better (on an eyelid) than the animators of Frozen could ever draw her? The world may never know. All I know is that this artist is my new inspiration in life.

2. Candy Cane Liner

Finally! A look that is maybe socially acceptable to pull off during the holiday season! Although this look is simple, it still takes a good amount of talent to perfectly wing your eyeliner, especially if it’s striped and outlined winged eyeliner. This look is perfect for anyone who wants to serve a cute, artistic look on Christmas, but not THAT artistic like the previous few looks. 

1. Winter Wonderland

Another look that has me shook! Everything is so perfectly drawn, I can’t imagine how much time and patience this required! I’m in love with the use of actual rhinestones to give more shine to this look. Again, this artist is the goddess of blending and perfectly meshes all of the colors together. I would totally wear this eye look if I were a real ice queen. 

Honorable Mention:

These looks clearly show how much time and talent can be put into makeup. It was extremely hard to pick just 5 of my favorites, so here’s my honorable mention of the other amazing looks I happened to love.

Red and White Christmas

You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Candycane Lip

Gift Bow Eye

Photo Credits: