absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 Places to Satisfy Your Taste Buds Off-Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Tired of the same food on campus?  Venture into town for a taste of something new!  There are so many delicious places to eat in Rockville Center, so how does one choose?  Here are our top ten places to eat off campus no matter what you are craving:

10.  Kasey’s Kitchen and Cocktails – A local favorite, Kasey’s is the perfect place for dinner and drinks any night of the week.

9.  Chicken Holiday – Located just a few blocks away from Molloy, Chicken Holiday offers a wide variety of your favorite fried chicken and seafood dishes.  Whether you want a plate of chicken and ribs for dinner or just some bite-sized jalapeno poppers as snacks, you will never leave unsatisfied.

8.  Za Late Night Pizzeria – I have two words for you:  Nutella pizza.  This restaurant puts a spin on a traditional pizzeria through its unique offerings, which include Mac and Cheese pizza slices and customer favorite dessert option, the infamous Nutella pizza.  With more typical pies, like plain, Sicilian, and spicy chicken, rounding out their menu, there is something for everyone here.  Bonus:  it’s perfect for those late night study sessions because the place delivers until 3am!

7.  Greek Town – If traditional Mediterranean food is what you are looking for, search no more.  Chicken souvlaki, gyros, spanakopita, and falafels are just some of the authentic cuisine offerings available here.

6.  Golden Reef Diner – Going to school on Long Island is incomplete without having a nearby diner that has everything under the sun available for every meal.  Highlighted in a Buzzfeed article as one of the top 27 ice cream shops in the world to visit before you die, this favorite local diner also offers an array of colorful gelato options that are just as authentic as anything you will find in Italy.

5.  Sushi Ya – Serving all sorts of Japanese dishes imaginable, this restaurant will satisfy all your sushi needs.

4.  Green Cactus Grill – Mexican food made from top quality ingredients is cooked fresh for each order here.  Affordable and delicious, the food is also healthier than what you will find at other Mexican fast food eateries, landing the restaurant in our top five.

3.  GM Burger Bar – You will never look at burgers the same way again.  Their natural certified Angus beef and hormone free turkey and chicken burgers are an experience to be had.  Not to worry all you vegetarians out there as there are plenty of non-meat options as well.  There is also a full service bar and a welcoming ambience overall.

2.  Five Pennies Creamery –Ice cream counts as a meal, right?  The best part of the Five Pennies experience is sampling the plethora of flavors that are made fresh daily.  The creamy texture and tastes of your order coupled with the clean eating area will make you a loyal customer for sure.  Some may argue that the milkshakes are even better than the sundaes, but with so many flavors and combinations to try, you’ll just have to keep coming back again for more.

1.  Press 195 – The burgers and desserts are great, but it’s the paninis that really define this place.  Addicting Belgian fries and a variety of specialty sauces make this spot the top pick.

Saniya graduated from Molloy College with a BS in Accounting in May 2015 after serving as one of the founding Campus Correspondents of Her Campus Molloy. She enjoys traveling abroad and exploring new cities whenever an opportunity arises. Saniya currently works as an auditor in NYC.