Profile: Mary-Kate Michels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.
Name: Mary-Kate Michels 

Major: Adolescent Mathematics Education/Special Education

Year: Senior, Class of 2016

Hometown: Patchogue, NY

What is your role in student government? 
“I am the President of the Executive Board of Molloy Student Government.”

What kind of responsibilities does that hold? 
“My main responsibility as President of MSG is to oversee all of the various sectors and classes. I work to make sure everything is working properly within the sectors and that everything is going smoothly with event planning for the student body. I also work as a liaison between the students and the administration of the college.

What events does student government have planned for this semester? 
“MSG has SO many events planned for the semester. We have the annual Fashion Show, Talent Show, St. Baldrick’s Day, the End of the Year BBQ, as well as some newly developed events such as Lip Sync Battle, rock climbing, and so much more! We are especially excited for our End of the Year Performer this year… Stay tuned for more information about that!”

Are you involved in anything else on campus? 
“Yes!  I am also involved with the Office of Admissions where I work as a student ambassador, as well as a social media ambassador running the Molloy College Twitter page. I am also involved with the Honors Program Student Advisory Council, and various aspects of Campus Ministries.”

How does it feel to be a senior? 
“Being a senior is a very surreal feeling that hadn’t really hit until the beginning of the Spring semester. It is a very bittersweet time where I am looking forward to starting a new chapter of my life, but I am also going to miss all of the people and the experiences I have had here at Molloy.”

What are your plans for after graduation? 
“After graduation, I will continue working as a Captain at my ferry company in Patchogue, and begin my search for a teaching job. I am thoroughly looking forward to living out my dream of becoming a teacher and working with students of all ages.”

Annie is a senior studying English with a concentration in literature at Molloy College. She spent last spring break in New Orleans building homes for those who were affected by Hurricane Katrina. She has spent the past two summers as a  mentor at the Rising Stars Camp at Molloy a program that brings in children from high needs school districts and gives them a place to learn as well as have fun! She looks forward to contributing alot to Molloy's  Her Campus Chapter this semester before graduating in May. Outside of school, she enjoys reading, spending time with her friends and family, and being outdoors.